BedRug install and evaluation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07burb

Reaction score
What: BedRug bed liner
On: 1998 Chevy K1500 extended cab short bed

Ease of install: 1/10 (1=the easiest)
Quality of Material: 9/10
Fit and finish: 9/10
Time needed for install: 1 hour or less

I was asked to give a quick write up of this so here it is.

The install was super easy with no tools needed. The liner comes in two pieces. One piece for the sides and front wall and another piece for the floor and tailgate. These two pieces zip together. Before you put anything in the bed you'll need to clean it real good. The liner stays in place via Velcro strips provided in the kit. That Velcro then adheres to the bed so it needs a nice clean surface.

The fit and finish is pretty good. There are some spots along the wheel wells that's not as snug as I'd like but I'm thinking that as the sun hits it it'll form around the wheel wells better. The quality of the material also seems to be pretty good and definitely looks nice right now.

This is my first BedRug so I'll be interested to see how it does with holding up to snow, ice and rain as well as when I use the bed as a truck bed is to be used. I am generally very easy on my trucks but there are times when I use them to haul mulch or lumber or something. :popcorn:

Here are some pics to show how easy the process is. It took me roughly an hour but I was taking my time and also dealing with my 8 year old at the same time lol

HOPQaJb.png

BiEP58S.png

0MSCZor.png

pUAS2iu.png

Z9RdV76.png

Nmy01H7.png

arnoldgers

Reaction score
Nice. That really updated the look on the truck. Looking to change the bed rugs myself. Thanks for the post.