best year for a yukon denali or slt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtgtr

Reaction score
Hi im new to the forums and im looking for a new truck and i have always been a huge fan Yukons. Due to money, im lookin for a 2000-2003 or maybe 2004 depending on price. Was wondering which year is the best to get? Also which is more reliable slt or denali?

Andrew

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want. I bought my 06 yukon new and could not afford the denali. Although they are both yukons, they are different. Do some research before you buy, and ask questions.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003+ has a slightly updated interior though. In this case it may just depend what is more important to you.

svtgtr

Reaction score
2001-2002 yukon denali for the NV-149 tcase.

Im thinkin about a 2002 yukon denali. Whats a nv-149 tcase? From some site i read, 2002s had the least recalls and also from my understanding 2003 + has just some minor adjustments like interior.

I know im probally askin to many questions but if you can bare with me that would be great.

I was wondering if 2002 yukon denalis or slt come in barn doors?
Is it only the denalis that come with painted bumpers instead of chrome?
Is it possible to put on one of those denalis front chrome grill on a slt?

Thanks for all the help
Andrew

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinkin about a 2002 yukon denali. Whats a nv-149 tcase? From some site i read, 2002s had the least recalls and also from my understanding 2003 + has just some minor adjustments like interior.

I know im probally askin to many questions but if you can bare with me that would be great.

I was wondering if 2002 yukon denalis or slt come in barn doors?
Is it only the denalis that come with painted bumpers instead of chrome?
Is it possible to put on one of those denalis front chrome grill on a slt?

Thanks for all the help
Andrew

I am not familiar with the transfer case, hopefully Boost will chime back in and be able to answer that one.

I think the cargo door feature was terminated in 2003. The early GMT 800 Tahoe/Yukon could be found with this feature, but I have never seen a later model year GMT 800 with anything but the liftgate feature. I assume this change occured at the same time as the 2003 minor interior facelift. Now that I think of it, I have never seen a GMT 800 Yukon Denali with the cargo door feature though.

Yes, only the GMC Yukon Denali, Chevrolet Tahoe Z71, and Cadillac Escalade were equipped with painted bumpers rather than chrome.

Yes, it is possible to put a GMC Yukon Denali grille on a GMC Yukon, but you would have to switch out the front bumper as well in order for the lines to match, and perhaps even the fenders, I have not looked at it that closely. It is possible, but it would surely be more troublesome than it is worth. Additionally, a GMC Yukon Denali front end would look odd if the remainder of the vehicle didn't match up as well, such as the exterior trim and rear bumper.