Biggest and Best Tires on Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakelsu777

Reaction score
I just got a 2005 z71 tahoe and I was wondering which would be the biggest tires i could run on it. I already have a 2 inch skyjacker leveling kit and i would like to know which sizes would fit. Also, I was wondering what would be the best type of tire if I spend weekdays on concrete/asphalt but weekends offroad with some areas that are very muddy. Thanks for all suggestions!:D

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe up to 33's anything bigger you'll need a suspension lift. I would also recommend an all terrain tire. my personal favorite, BFGoodrich.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From another forum (older model - 2006 and lower):

The stockers are 265/70/17's (31.8").

The first oversize is 285/70/17's (33") which most Z's can handle without touching a thing. You might want to crank up the stock keys.

The second oversize is 295/70/17's (33.5") which will require Ford Keys, perhaps rear spacers and a little trimming

The third oversize is 305/70/17's (34") which will require spacers, Ford Keys adjusted to level, and I would plan on a good amount a trimming.

Anything over that requires Body Lifts and beyond.