Blown Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnybubu

Reaction score
I tried a search and couldn't find this exact problem. I have a '98 Tahoe 4 door 4wd and I had a tail light bulb go out not long ago, and replaced all the bulbs in the tail lights at the same time. Not long after that, my turn signals stopped working, well sure enough it was a fuse. I put in a new fuse and flasher. They worked for a while then blew another fuse. I then disconnected my trailer light hookup, and tried again. Blew another fuse plus my brake light fuse blew too. Here's how it goes when the fuse is good my turn signals work but the right side is a little weak, but if I turn my headlights on and try to use turn signals, the left flashes real fast and the right barley flashes, then it blows a fuse. I have made no modifications electronically to the truck except a trailer light hookup, it is plug and play, and I have eliminated it. Now I know it is probably a short somewhere, but don't know where to start looking. Any Ideas?

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I would look at the wire connections you made when you installed your trailer light harness

u2nv

Reaction score
check all ur bulbs even fronts then pull all light housings out and chase wires and find were they go to a ground at make sure they got good ground. next ur rear lights are mounted to a circuit board that is plugged in those boards are notorious for going bad u can getm at autozone or dealer if not any of the above id ques if its not the turn signal switch itself in the coloumn

johnnybubu

Reaction score
Thanks, I replaced one of those boards before, I will replace both of them and try the switch, I have already eliminated the trailer light hookup.