Bluetooth Solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yourgmsolutions

Reaction score
I install a lot of bluetooth kits at the dealerships. mainly Vizualogic Brand, its called "Sig Blue". very dependable, easy to install and operate, and look factory. and I have a kit for GM Vehicles. basicaly plug and play.
I can set up a deal for member here, if there is an interest. I'm going to insert video below, it was on Escalade, but will work same way in Tahoes and Yukons. I can also do a write up how to install it

tommyg

Reaction score
I would definitely have an interest, what is the cost and estimated install time? Do you need to install a seperate speaker, or does it use the factory speakers?

I've been looking for a good bluetooth kit for my '07 Denali, almost purchased the Motorola kit a few weeks back.

yourgmsolutions

Reaction score
No separate speaker involved. everything goes through factory speakers. when making or recieving phone calls, radio will automaticaly mute. on tahoes/yukons/denalis with bose systems, you also be able to use radio volume knob during conversation to adjust desire volume. for do it your self people, I would say it will take between hour and half to two hours of installation time .
for vehicles with premium sound systems and/or navigation radio price would be $250 shipped
for base models $225
for SoCal residents, I can provide installation.
I've done many installs for guys from Caddy Forum, and for those who wants to see their feedbacks of my installs check link below

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...etooth-installation-needed-oc-california.html

I am AKA gm_geek

tommyg

Reaction score
sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. If the install is more than just plug & play, I'd prefer to have it done professionally (and I do have nav). Too bad you're not in the SF bay area.

You mentioned a member discount...were you referring to a group buy? Vizualogic shows $229 retail, though it may be more for GM vehicles I guess, and sounds like it is more with nav.

I guess $225 is $4 off though...:)

yourgmsolutions

Reaction score
sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. If the install is more than just plug & play, I'd prefer to have it done professionally (and I do have nav). Too bad you're not in the SF bay area.

You mentioned a member discount...were you referring to a group buy? Vizualogic shows $229 retail, though it may be more for GM vehicles I guess, and sounds like it is more with nav.

I guess $225 is $4 off though...:)

I want to clarify something
you will not just get only vizualogic kit.
It also comes with OnStar LockPick or something like that (depends on application), which retails for $129 at Coastaltech.
so, $229 + $129 vs $250 for both.

link below is more info on OnStar lockpick, that comes with vizualogic kit

http://www.coastaletech.com/onstar.htm

Last edited:

tommyg

Reaction score
gotcha...thanks for the clarification. That does sound like a good deal. :thumbsup:

Know of any good (relatively inexpensive) installers in NorCal?

tommyg

Reaction score
One other question...does installation require splicing any wires, or anything along those lines? I'm uncomfortable enough poppin off the casing on the console, but if it's pretty much plug and play, I would consider doing it myself...

yourgmsolutions

Reaction score
some splicing will requiered, but withing those 2 modules, I can probably presplice most of it, and have it ready to go.
I don't really know any good installers in Bay Area, but you can check car audio forums, may be you can find somebody there. Or if you can find more people from your area who also need bluetooth kit (does not have to be GM vehicles). I may drive there.

jmitchell

Reaction score
Couple of questions...(I have '07 Tahoe w/ Bose NO Nav or DVD)

1. Why the need for the Onstar Lockpick? Is this so you can retain the steering wheel controls? Please explain.

2. Is there caller I.D. on the factory head unit display? This to me would be a must have. If not, any other kits that would make this work?

3. How does the cigarette lighter button work? Does it slide into the existing cigarette lighter adapter or does the button replace it?

4. How is the install video coming? Can you post a link to the this video if it is done? I'd like to see how hard it would be for me to install.

5. I have seen some of the posts you have made on the Escalade Forum regarding the Scosche BlueFusion kits. These kits seem like the answer to all the bluetooth needs someone could have. I spoke with Scosche rep a couple of weeks ago and it sounded like Mid-March release date for BFGM kits. Will you be selling these for less than the $399 advertised from Scosche upon release?

6. Is there any mention of CoastalTech coming out with a similar style kit as the BlueFusion? If so, when and how much? Any other info on these would be great also.

7. What would you recommend for the setup that I have (see above) in regards to bluetooth integration? Important things to me: caller ID on head unit display, voice activated dialing, steering wheel controls, and as simple plug-n-play as possible. Would be nice to be able to use the integrated Onstar mic as well, but I don't know if this is possible.

8. What do you recommend for iPod integration and can they be incorporated with the bluetooth phone kit integration to work side-by-side?

Feel free to PM me with any information or answers to the questions above. I'm very interested in getting bluetooth/iPod integration done soon. Thanks for your help, look forward to hearing from you.

yourgmsolutions

Reaction score
Couple of questions...(I have '07 Tahoe w/ Bose NO Nav or DVD)

1. Why the need for the Onstar Lockpick? Is this so you can retain the steering wheel controls? Please explain.

2. Is there caller I.D. on the factory head unit display? This to me would be a must have. If not, any other kits that would make this work?

3. How does the cigarette lighter button work? Does it slide into the existing cigarette lighter adapter or does the button replace it?

4. How is the install video coming? Can you post a link to the this video if it is done? I'd like to see how hard it would be for me to install.

5. I have seen some of the posts you have made on the Escalade Forum regarding the Scosche BlueFusion kits. These kits seem like the answer to all the bluetooth needs someone could have. I spoke with Scosche rep a couple of weeks ago and it sounded like Mid-March release date for BFGM kits. Will you be selling these for less than the $399 advertised from Scosche upon release?

6. Is there any mention of CoastalTech coming out with a similar style kit as the BlueFusion? If so, when and how much? Any other info on these would be great also.

7. What would you recommend for the setup that I have (see above) in regards to bluetooth integration? Important things to me: caller ID on head unit display, voice activated dialing, steering wheel controls, and as simple plug-n-play as possible. Would be nice to be able to use the integrated Onstar mic as well, but I don't know if this is possible.

8. What do you recommend for iPod integration and can they be incorporated with the bluetooth phone kit integration to work side-by-side?

Feel free to PM me with any information or answers to the questions above. I'm very interested in getting bluetooth/iPod integration done soon. Thanks for your help, look forward to hearing from you.

1. OnStar Lock Pick will let you seamlessly integrate your bluetooth kit into your factory audio system, mutes the radio and using factory speakers during your phone conversation. so it will work just like if it came from factory. all of your factory functions such as steering wheel controls, etc. will stay and work the same
2. no Caller ID, with this set up. If You want caller ID (in Your case) you can purchase kits from Raytel or Parrot with separate display. However, with some phones such as Blackberry, Treo and few others, you will not be able to download your phone book into it. there are charts available on the web.I have those as well, and maybe in a few days I'll make a video or pics on how they work.you can check info on the link below
http://yourgmsolutions.com/bluetooth_solution.html
3. the way vizualogic button work is, you'll have to remove one of yours sigarette lighter, and it goes right in. comes with all special hardware
4. I'll be working on the video this weekend, so then You guys will deside if it's easy or not.
5. About Scosche kit, I've been following with Scosche inovations in the last 5 years, they had great ideas, but could never execute them. BlueFusion is going to be one of those. However, if miracle will happen, and they come out with that, $299 I can sell you that piece for. but you'll have to double check with them if that unit will support non nav radio. also, from watching their video, I could tell, that unit is not really user friendly as it looks. units like Raytel and few other, have more voice command features.
6. Don't know much about coastal unit, just heard few things here and there.
7. what kind of phone do you have ?
8. I sell iPod kit similar to the one from coastal. I have a video about it, but that vehicle had a Nav in it, I'll try to make another one with regular radio

jmitchell

Reaction score
Thanks for all the answers above. I have decided that based on my needs, I won't be going after the Vizualogic Cig Blue unit. However, I do want to learn more about the Scosche BlueFusion unit.

I called into Scosche this afternoon, but based on the lack of info I got from the young kid I talked to, he suggested I call back tomorrow to ask my questions when their tech guys were around. So I will follow up with more info tomorrow, but he did seem to think that the BlueFusion kits would work with non-Nav head units and still display the caller ID. I was very glad to hear that. My other questions include: does the unit work by voice activated dialing?, when will be the official release date for the BFGM units?, and is it possible to scroll through tracks on the head unit while using the bluetooth transmitter for the iPod sending bluetooth audio through the BlueFusion into the factory stereo? I have my doubts that the last of the questions will work.

My phone is a Blackberry Curve. I currently have a Parrot clip on visor blueooth kit for my vehicle and the voice activated dialing works great. If this unit worked off the power of the vehicle upon start-up and shut down, and if it showed the caller ID on my head unit display it would be the perfect unit. But of course it's not so that's why I'm interested in more.

$299 seems like a great deal for the BlueFusion units, I appreciate your help on the price. I was having a hard time justifying $400 for this interface.

One more question, if the iPod kit you sell isn't a Coastaletech unit then what kind is it? Where is the link to the video of the iPod unit that you described above? I would definitely love to see a video with non-Nav if you have time.

Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate it.

jmitchell

Reaction score
I called Scosche today and got a few more answers, some of which were a bit of a let down. Here's an update:

1. Release date has now pushed out to the end of May/beginning of June.

2. Voice activated dialing? As of right now it is not incorporated into the BlueFusion unit, however it seemed like this was something they were working towards making happen. I stressed to the guy I talked to that the BlueFusion unit would be much more inticing to consumers if it had this feature. Hopefully they will listen to what us (the consumers) have to say, because what's the point of a hands free kit if you have to scroll through contacts to make a phone call, right?

3. I did get verification that the BlueFusion kit will work with non-Nav head units for 2007+ Tahoes/Yukons. This was a plus!!

4. Compatibility with existing iPod integration (i.e. iPod LockPick)? They didn't seem to have a good answer for this one other than there may be significant problems for two units (BlueFusion & iPod interface kit) to trying to co-exist on through the same platform. This didn't seem to promising. I wouldn't count on an iPod Lockpick working with the BlueFusion kit at the same time.

I hope this update helps. I will be patiently waiting for the release of BlueFusion and more accurate answers to these questions when they get all the bugs worked out. Hopefully this or a similar product will be released soon so we can start enjoying our wireless technology to the fullest. Please let me know if you see or hear of any other products coming out soon. Thanks.

schuck

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2003 Tahoe with the bose stereo, no nav. Will something be available for this old of a model as well? I would like bluetooth for sure and would love to find a way to have USB memory stick input to the GM standard radio setup. This eliminates the need for iTunes and the iPod.
Steve

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you have more than one phone work with the system?? My wife and I both have bluetooth capable phones.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being in Canada, there should be no issues, correcT?

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just mean the bluetooth. Shipping should not be a problem, unless you are not willing to send up here.