Borla or Corsa Exhuast?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have anyone installed or heard the Borla or Corsa Exhaust for the 07 Tahoe. I just bought a 07 LTZ Tahoe and im looking for a good exhaust that will keep the wife from complaining. Before i spend almost a thousand dollars, i want to make sure I purchase the best exhaust for my truck. My last truck had a 40 series flowmaster and it drove me crazy. Im leaning towards the Borla now, I just hope that its not like the flowmasters.

Thanks

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched the forum(s) and found some interesting findings. I was just concerned on the sound of the "Borla's" vs. other brands. Also to get a feel of what the masses was installing on thier vehicles. Its seem like the majority loves the "Corsa sport" edition. some like the magnaflow's and few like the Flowmaster's, etc...

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
people who know use flowmaster. But if want to spend close to a grand go ahead.

HOTHOE

Reaction score
I Put The Borla On My 07 Tahoe, Because It Is The Best Made Exhaust Out There. I Tow And I Need A Side Exit System. As Far As Noise No Drone In The Cabin At All.sounds Great When You Get On It.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well allmost every muffle site has sounds bytes to listen too

like in the thread I linked you too there is a sound byte I posted a link too

I searched the forum(s) and found some interesting findings. I was just concerned on the sound of the "Borla's" vs. other brands. Also to get a feel of what the masses was installing on thier vehicles. Its seem like the majority loves the "Corsa sport" edition. some like the magnaflow's and few like the Flowmaster's, etc...

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound clips on different sites are a great source of reference, but nothing replaces the actual sound of real life examples. Its a toss up between the Borla and Corsa Sport.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla vs. Corsa

I have a 99 silverado with the borla exhaust, and at first it was awessome, but after 2-3k, it developed drone and became louder :cuss: . After doing some research, I found out that most mufflers, borla included, use some kind of steel wool or fiberglass as a sound deadening material, so it will burn out over time and become lauder:eek: . Recently, I bought the corsa touring exhaust for my 07 tahoe, will install it wednesday and let you know, but one thing is for sure, corsa does not use such materials to deteriorate over time, plus you can choose between sport (agressive sound) and touring (almost as quiet as stock).

Robert

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Thats just what I was looking for. I guess the Borla is good to a certian point then it becomes loud. Ill look into the Corsa brand. Cant wait to hear about the results of the corsa on Wednesday. Good luck.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its on, so far so good. Installation took 1h, very easy. Instructions are excellent. The look and fit are great and the sound is just what I expected, not loud at all, but sounds angry, quiet but angry (a bit lauder than stock outside, but not much. Inside is almost as stock) . I did notice a bit more power. Way too early to notice any mpg gains. Hope this helps, regards.

Robert

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice we need a sound clip or vid man please

Its on, so far so good. Installation took 1h, very easy. Instructions are excellent. The look and fit are great and the sound is just what I expected, not loud at all, but sounds angry, quiet but angry (a bit lauder than stock outside, but not much. Inside is almost as stock) . I did notice a bit more power. Way too early to notice any mpg gains. Hope this helps, regards.

Robert

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Im sold. Im next in line to get the Touring edition. Where did you get yours from?

Sound Clip????

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slammed: sure, I'll make a video this weekend and will upload it at youtube, then post the adress here.

riverst: :clapping: www.Autoanything.com, I called to get a discount, and paied $942.00, others have paid around $800 or so, but I was told by a salesman at www.autopartswarehause.com that they had the ones made by corsa at $1069.00 and the same, but made by a different manufacturer at $790.00, I dont know,but I rather paing a bit more just to be sure you are getting what you want, manufactured by the real guys. Found it too at www.performancemarket.com $869.00.

Robert

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a corsa sport on my 2003 tahoe 5.3l. Almost identical engines, few minor changes. The corsa for 2007 should provide the same results as i have which are great. I could not be happier. The sound is awesome, better fuel economy, no drone etc... Its hard to explain the corsa sound, but it sounds different (read: better) than anything I have ever heard. I would never buy a different exhaust and couldn't be happier. Check the site for sound clips.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GREAT!! dont put the cam to close cause the wind from the exhaust will rattle the mic on the cam and sound bad thanks again

Slammed: sure, I'll make a video this weekend and will upload it at youtube, then post the adress here.

riverst: :clapping: www.Autoanything.com, I called to get a discount, and paied $942.00, others have paid around $800 or so, but I was told by a salesman at www.autopartswarehause.com that they had the ones made by corsa at $1069.00 and the same, but made by a different manufacturer at $790.00, I dont know,but I rather paing a bit more just to be sure you are getting what you want, manufactured by the real guys. Found it too at www.performancemarket.com $869.00.

Robert

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a Borla On my 2000 WS6 and it sounded like crap, it's way to Raspy, I would go with the Corsa, it will sound better. You can go to www.ls1sounds.com and hear different exhaust systems.....

Hard to say really since every engine and configuration ais going to affect the sound in different ways. A Borla on a Tahoe may sound totally different. You just never know.

Hey Screaming, 101st?

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decisions, decisions! Which one to choose!
The corsa sounds very upset. It sounds like theirs a little man inside of a can beating on the wall with a hammer.
Borla sounds like a wild untamed Thunder Cat.
Magnaflow sounds like a little boy that was pick on his whole life and then one day he exploded and whipped some tail.
Flowmaster is just a plain ol Ghetto city bob cat. He very angry!
Gibson is very confused. he don't know if he wants to be from the ghetto or the suburbs.
Etc....

Thanks for the link. You cant really compare a cars exhaust sound to a truck. very different.
I guess it has come down to the final match between Corsa and Borla. Who going win?

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what Borla stated about their Exhaust:

Our system, part number 140193, will be louder then your stock system, but not obnoxiously loud. However, the issue of sound is subjective. We can not guarantee our sound. We do not offer sound clips either. If you check our web site in the FAQ’s it states:
We really wish we could just package a sound sample in a box like little shampoo bottles or the cologne ads in magazines -- you know, the ones where you pull apart the page and get to actually smell it. But the nature of our product is such that this is not possible.
Although we have posted a few sounds on our website homepage, it's really a disservice to the actual sound quality of our products because they sound so much better in person - no matter what kind of computer speakers you have.
Recorded with a microphone. There are thousands of different microphones available and they all sound different from one another. Record the same system, on the same car, with different microphones and the sound will be different. Variables of condenser mics, dynamic mics, large capsules, small capsules, tubes etc. will all affect the sound you hear on playback. Are you looking to compare microphones or an exhaust?
A compressed sound file - Sound files are normally compressed for web pages and this drastically changes the sound.

Played back through a speaker - Similar to the microphone issue listed in item #1, there are a wide variety of speakers available and they all sound different. The difference in speakers will completely change the sound you hear on playback. Add a subwoofer and it's even less of a true replication of what you will experience after you have installed a Borla on your vehicle.
We wouldn't recommend making your buying decision by listening to sound clips on the web. It's like deciding who has the best tomato sauce by recreating the smell they emit with scratch-and-sniffs. There is no substitute for tasting it.
When you hear an exhaust in person, there are certain physical properties of sound that are impossible to recreate with a sound file, such as vibration through the ground and into your inner ear. The sound you hear from our Corvette exhaust, for example, is not just what comes out of the tailpipe. It's rather a combination of sounds coming from the tailpipe tip, the engine, reflections off the ground, resonance of the cabin -- even the reverberation of sound through your body affects what you hear through your inner ear. You can't recreate all of these variables over the Internet, yet they all affect the sound experience of your exhaust. Therefore, whatever you hear over cyberspace cannot be an accurate replication of what you will hear when you install it on your Vette for real. If you're as critical of sound as we are, this is unacceptable.

Borla Performance strives for opportunities to match up against the competition in real world settings because, after nearly 30 years of success and customer feedback, we have a very good idea of what our customers are looking for.

Although it's fun (and certainly easy) to surf the web and listen to sound clips, we wouldn't recommend using this as your final decision.

As far as drone is concerned, you always run that risk. Again, what is annoying is subjective. I hope this answers your questions.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Video clip of my tahoe+corsa touring exhaust

So here is the video I promised :popc1: , It lasts a few minutes, but I took my time to show you guys every possible aspect of the exhaust you might be intrested in. Have in mind that I have headers, so it may sound a bit different. enjoy. :appl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tdaze2H0eY

Robert