Bose vehicle swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BishopMPLS

Reaction score
So my '06 tahoe has the bose system in it, I want to remove it to install an aftermarket system. Can I completely remove the bose system and install it into my 2010 silverado and have it work in that truck? I poked around for awhile but couldn't find any help.

lamneth

Reaction score
If you swap the head end you can get adapters to utilize the existing Bose system while keeping the steering wheel controls; and it will sound great. The Bose system uses amplifiers at each speaker; aftermarket head units make them sound a lot better.

Brewcrew71

Reaction score
I am actually trying to do just the opposite.... Do you know if I can take the Non Bose stock unit out of my 2007 Tahoe and put in a Nav. DVD unit? (Model 15882766)
Is it just a matter of getting the Correct wire harnesses, GPS antenna and Anrenna adapter and then once all hooked up taking it to the dealer to have the VIN Code changed to my vehicle?