brakes squeaking after break job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooljman1

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe 4x4. I just turned the rotors and put on new pads and also bleed the system. before the brake job, the breaks were squealing and now they are still squeaking they are much quieter then befor. any ideas what it could be? thanks.

cooljman1

Reaction score
it usto to do it all the time but now it only squeaks when i press the brake pedal

mightymouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without being physically able to look at the brake system, I must ask some obvious questions.

Were the rear brakes done at the same time?

Have you noticed any unusual wear? I.E. brake dust (more than usual), and grease or oil on the inside of the wheel.

What brand of pads were installed? I have seen cheaper brands make all sorts of noise like chattering, and squealing.

John Mc

Reaction score
Brakes

I also have a 99 Tahoe (good year!) I need the front pads replaced as well, usually alittle of that "red" anti-squeak goo and I never had a problem. I need to correct this "420" code also. This truck is still the best!!