Broken sway bar end links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdhomer

Reaction score
Guy's, I have a problem. I lowered my '01 Tahoe with the McGaughy's 3"/5" kit. My rear swaybar end links have broken twice. The first time it happened I called McGaughy's and they told me to be sure I fully loaded the suspension before tightening the bolts. I did do that. This is not the first time I have done suspension work on a car/truck, so that's probably not the problem. That is standard procedure for any application.
Has anyone else had this problem? I need to order another set of links and It's pissing me off! Last time they were $75.
Any suggestions for solving this problem?

Thanks,

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I've been using my stock links with my 3/5 drop for about two years with no problems of the sway bar hitting the panhard bar or anything else. Have you tried your stock links with your setup to see if it would work?

hdhomer

Reaction score
I've been using my stock links with my 3/5 drop for about two years with no problems of the sway bar hitting the panhard bar or anything else. Have you tried your stock links with your setup to see if it would work?
No I have not tried the stock links. I'll put them in this weekend and see how they hold up.
Thanks,

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the stock links back on in the stock location because i diddnt relize that the djm links are supposd to be re-located to a different location. Havnt broke the links yet, only had my kit on for 4-5months.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock links are fine. One of mine has been bent to sh*t since last winter and is still ok.