Can anyone tell me the setup of this Yuk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJ999

Reaction score
I have an 06 Z71 Hoe and this is exactly the setup I'm looking for. I know the pic is that of a Yuk but the similarities are there.

Does anyone know what sus setup it's running?

Who makes the wheels and what is the size?

Same with the tires.

Thanks everyone!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Window tint, chome door handles, probably owens running boards, white rear roll pan, LED tails, 24" wheels, debadged, 2/3 lowering kit, escalade roof rack, painted d-pillar caps and a catback exhaust system and that it from what the pic shows.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, those are 23" wheels and he used to be on the forum before he sold the truck. Anyone remember the specifics?

RJ999

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who makes those wheels? I have spent a number of hours online but can't seem to find a match.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious... why would you buy a Z71 and lower it? In my mind... it just doesn't make sense. I'm not flaming you or anything, but wouldn't it be better to get a 2WD LS and drop it? I mean... the Z71 package is all about off-road... just wondering... again, not flaming... just wondering what the thought is behind that...

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious... why would you buy a Z71 and lower it? In my mind... it just doesn't make sense. I'm not flaming you or anything, but wouldn't it be better to get a 2WD LS and drop it? I mean... the Z71 package is all about off-road... just wondering... again, not flaming... just wondering what the thought is behind that...
because 1/2 ton ifs chevy front ends are garbage to lift and they have as much travel dropped as lifted. I could never lift a 1/2 ton unless I did an sas, sh*t is just gross lifted unless you just do a tbar crank and some 33s. dropped looks way better and I can drive over just as much crap as the lifted fools, just gotta know your truck... or have a big ass jeep if you wanna go wheelin.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
because 1/2 ton ifs chevy front ends are garbage to lift and they have as much travel dropped as lifted. I could never lift a 1/2 ton unless I did an sas, sh*t is just gross lifted unless you just do a tbar crank and some 33s. dropped looks way better and I can drive over just as much crap as the lifted fools, just gotta know your truck... or have a big ass jeep if you wanna go wheelin.

Guess I can see that... I just never understood lowering a 4x4... regardless of it being a Tahoe, blazer, explorer, etc. I'm not against lowering... if I had a 2wd 'hoe, I'd drop it on 22's...

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Guess I can see that... I just never understood lowering a 4x4... regardless of it being a Tahoe, blazer, explorer, etc. I'm not against lowering... if I had a 2wd 'hoe, I'd drop it on 22's...
A lot of times when I pull the boat out of the water, I wish my truck was 4wd. Some of the ramps are steep and coated with algae and slippery if you get the rear too far down the ramp. 4wd would definitely help me pull out a little easier with the front wheels being on dry ground. 4wd/awd can be a benefit on flat ground in slippery conditions, not just off road. And at the beach...being higher isn't going to help me get unstuck, but 4wd will.

CoyB

Reaction score
this is one mean lowered z71. UAV!

IMG_0843.jpg

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Im sorry but this response is ****ing stupid. I run a earlier body style but i have a 6 inch lift, 35s and bag out of it and still havent broken a front end. My truck suspension up front had probably a good 6 inches of travel, a lot more then a stock truck. A lowered 4wd truck is also going to lose up travel. Not to mention shear clearence gained underneath a truck when lifted. I wouldnt compete against some jeep with the same hieght, but the tahoe is a off road purpose built vehicle like the jeep.

Some people ignorance amazes me.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude boost knows what hes talking about..ask him about his most recent offroading adventure haha..jk man..

but a tahoe really being compared to a jeep offroad? **** my tahoe cant hardly get outa its own way with this 4" of snow we got...i cant spin the tires for **** on dry ground, but i can idle it into a tire spin on snow..just baffles me lol..must be the BB tune..

i plan on lowering my 4x4..it will help me gain a few mpg and be more stable..if i cant get through something 3" lower, i shouldnt be trying to go through it anyway..but i will still ahve 4x4 to go through the snow we get all winter long..im not trying to plow through 2 feet of mud..2 feet of powder is a differnt game..i rolled my 2wd bagged truck all last winter, so i learned how to drive in it..a 4x4 is going to be a cake walk

RJ999

Reaction score
I was originally going to go the lowered route but changed my mind. I put a ORU leveling kit on my Z71 w/ 33s and couldn't be more happier with the way it turned out. I'll post some pics soon. As far as off roading goes, well I also have a Wrangler w 35s so that I use for my wheeling :lol:

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my stock got me through everything. i went wheelin eith it the first time and went through a pit of water and mud up to the bumpers no prob on highway tires haha.

thedude337

Reaction score
i recon in snow lowering it would reduce bodyroll and help stabilize it. it just depends on what you want to do and most importantly where u wanna go with it. im completely happy with stock hight it takes all the what should i do out of the equation. it works well gettin my son and i to those hard to reach fishin holes:D

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sorry but this response is ****ing stupid. I run a earlier body style but i have a 6 inch lift, 35s and bag out of it and still havent broken a front end. My truck suspension up front had probably a good 6 inches of travel, a lot more then a stock truck. A lowered 4wd truck is also going to lose up travel. Not to mention shear clearence gained underneath a truck when lifted. I wouldnt compete against some jeep with the same hieght, but the tahoe is a off road purpose built vehicle like the jeep.

Some people ignorance amazes me.
I think Boost does a few and knows a little about lifting vehicles...

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Boost does a few and knows a little about lifting vehicles...
Lol thanks dude. I figured I would leave this one alone, my years of engineering and countless builds for customer's jeeps/tahoes/toyotas/etc puts me in a position that doesn't allow for ignorance on the subject. I like lifted trucks as much as lowered which is why I tow my long arm'd jeep to the trails with my big, comfortable, lowered, ifs 1/2 ton :smilielol: