Can you make the back windows roll all the way down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a suburban or yukonXL you can make then go all the way down. ...As for the tahoes,yuks, and short sclades the door is smaller than the window so the only way you could get it to go all the way down is cut the bottom of the door off....so no, i have checked this out...

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the rear windows only roll down half way.... is there a way to

make the windows roll all the way down

The wheel well cut in the rear doors on the short-wheelbase trucks (ie not XL or Suburban) doesn't leave the window glass anywhere to go.

rksportinc

Reaction score
if you have a suburban or yukonXL you can make then go all the way down. ...As for the tahoes,yuks, and short sclades the door is smaller than the window so the only way you could get it to go all the way down is cut the bottom of the door off....so no, i have checked this out...

Don't want to cut anything..... but you are talking about the side rear door... I left SIDE out of my original post. Sorry

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was talking about, too. The wheel intrudes into the rear side doors, so there's nowhere for the window glass to go when you roll it down. It "bottoms out" in the door.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is physically impossible. look at the doors and the wheelwells.

Attachments

• 2007subtahpic.JPG
    2007subtahpic.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 22

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
instead of down maybe you can make them open out just like the rear windows on older minivans.

stss95

Reaction score
We finally had nice weather here this week and i was able to roll all my windows down. when the rear windows stopped halfway down i was like crap, kinda pisses me off...:cuss:

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other solution is what they had on the 98 Blazer. A partial back window. The rear part was stationary and the front rolled all the way down. Ton of work though!!!

Attachments

• 98_chevrolet_blazer_lt_4dr.jpg
    98_chevrolet_blazer_lt_4dr.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 10

jlcvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I didn't buy mine yet, I hadn’t noticed that about the door back window. I don’t like the idea of a window only able to go only half way down.:mad2: I like the new Tahoe’s design, but little things like this make me wonder. :unknw: