Cargo Shade/Cover question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orange_peel

Reaction score
I've got a 2001 Tahoe that didn't include the cargo cover, so I bought one from a GM parts dealer for $225. They claimed it was new, and it looks new, which is why I'm confused.

Because my Tahoe didn't include this cover, I have no idea how it's supposed to work. I've been searching the web all day and can't find any videos or pictures showing how to install it. I did find one that says it's supposed to have a tension rod inside to push up against the inner panels, which I guess is supposed to hold it in place. This cover they sent me does not do this. There's no tension/spring pushing the ends apart, so the cover will only stay in place for a while until it eventually shakes loose and ends up on the floor.

If any of you have one of these, can you tell me if it's supposed to have tension springs that push the ends out? I think I may have been sent a (very expensive) defective part.