cloth seat cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I both wanted ebony cloth seats in our '07 Tahoe, to us they're more comfortable overall in hot and cold temps than leather. Buy I'm discovering a surprising downside -- this cloth material is like a magnet for every piece of lint, fuzz, hair, etc. that you can think of. We dropped some friends of ours at the airport last weekend and one of them was apparently wearing a VERY fuzzy sweater; my 2nd row seat looked like someone wiped it down with a cat. What a hassle to get off. I don't think I've ever seen a more clingy fabric in a vehicle.

Anyone have any slick ways to get or keep these clean? I've tried lint rollers, lint brushes, the sticky side of duct tape, lint-free towels, you name it, but they all work with limited success.

I have a hard time believing GM didn't notice and address this trend during any phase of the development or validation process (as a former GM engineer I'm familiar with the process).

Aside from having ordered leather, any bright ideas out there? Would a Scotchgard coating help?

Thanks.

ZHayes15

Reaction score
osu,
Im having the same problem in my yukon.I am constantly rubbing it with my hands into small balls to get it out. My interior is light titanium so you know how bad that looks with lint and fuzz .....I have seen several different seat covers for our vehicles...I looked on gmpartszone.com and they have some listed that are custom fit for the seats and are the same color as the interior (ebony, light titanium...) I am interested in these but they do not have a picture. I dont want to buy something without seeing it first. If anyone knows of any websites or has pictures of these please let me know. Thanks and hope that helps OSU, if you come up with anything let me know!

Zack

OSU_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seat cleaning

I found a lint brush that seems to be doing a pretty nice job so far. It's not the lint roller style with the semi-sticky tape (tried that, not tacky enough), it's the old style brush that has a directional bristle on both sides. Picks the stuff up well, cleans off with your hand. Not a perfect solution (that would be smarter material from GM) but definitely workable for the trivial $5 that it cost.

I've seen seat covers advertised for these vehicles but I'm not a big fan of them in general. They never fit as well as you'd like, seem to cheapen the look of a $40k+ vehicle, and, well, look like a seat cover. I saw a pic at GM Accessories Direct.

Try the brush and maybe some Scotchgard as well. I'll add that as soon as the weather warms up enough.

Attachments

• covers.bmp
    232.6 KB · Views: 18

ZHayes15

Reaction score
Bought the GM seat covers today for the front....man they look great....A great fit and really just look like leather. Took about 30 mins to install and very happy with them. A great two-tone look. Highly recommend for anyone with cloth seats

calientecafe

Reaction score
ZHayes15 said:
Bought the GM seat covers today for the front....man they look great....A great fit and really just look like leather. Took about 30 mins to install and very happy with them. A great two-tone look. Highly recommend for anyone with cloth seats

please take pics or send some to me please

[email protected]

I would really appreciate it

ZHayes15

Reaction score
Yeah guys i'll take some pictures tommorrow during the day time. I'm away this week on work and the only camera i have with me is on my phone.. The quality of the pics may not be great, but this phone camera does a pretty good job. Ill be home on thurs. and can take some quality pics on the digital camera. Give me some email addresses if you want some pics. In the meantime heres a couple of pics from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-C...M-Factory_W0QQitemZ220068104554QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...ryZ33702QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If anyone decides on seat covers please contact me before purchasing. I looked at ordering the covers on Gmpartsdirect. They told me i had to purchase quantity (2) at $169.00 each in order to make a front "set". I then decided to go through my dealer and a front set cost me $169.00 total. Just didn't want anyone to get burned. Hope this helps!!