CO to MO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna be going from Colorado through Kansas and to Missouri this next week. 2,300 miles round trip! I will let everyone know how the hoe does. Its got 94000 miles on it. Anybody know of any fun stops along the way? We will be stopping at Cabelas :thumbsup: in Kansas City, KS and Bass Pro in MO. Safe driving for anyone else traveling and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where?

where you headed in missouri bud i assume at least to springfeild since thats the main bass pro shop in the world? i am just a 45 min drive from there let me know where your headed and i will see what i can find for you to get into

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be in Columbia for a while and then some small town north of Springfield. My girl friends parents live there and we are going over there for a few days. Thanks buddy!

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Columbia?

ok now in columbia you have to go by the home of the all mighty TIGERS lol

is the town bolivar ? how far north of springfeild?

the bass pro in Springfield is cool it was the first one ever the have a excellent restaurant in there pretty cool just to walk around

Cabellas is more for the hunter and bass pro more for the fisherman hints the name i guess.

anyway have fun man and be careful the roads out to be fine we just got like a 1/2 inch of ice and a few inches of snow monday and tuesday but it is all pretty much gone at this point

when are you headed out?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the place is called, Stockton maybe, but i believe we are picking up a uhaul in Bolivar if I remember correctly. Bass pro and cabelas are bomb, been there plenty of times!! i have never ate there though, might have to give that a try. I am heading out early tomorrow so it should be fun! Thanks for the heads up man.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so we made it to columbia from colorado springs in 13 hours. roads were snow packed most of the way but the hoe did great. I will tally gas milage when I get home. oh, and burbanman, I actually did stop at MU. my girlfriends sister goes there we had to pick her up. heading to lake of the ozarks today I think

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet

did you stop for a moment of silence why you were at MU. (if not at least tell me you did) that is sacred ground you were on you know?

glad to here you made it safe so far lake of the ozarks is a dang biiiiiiiig lake ma. i went up there one time with my jet ski and almost died. tug boats go through there to get to the Mississippi river and i thought it would be fun to jump there wake WRONG was i ouch it still hurts just typing about it

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back Home

Well I made it back home last weekend after alot of driving. Went from CO to MO and back and then to Estes Park and back to the Springs. Feels like all I did was drive! Tahoe held up well, did not run into any problems at all. Changed the oil before I left and thats it. On my way to MO I averaged 12.67 mpg and on the way back I averaged 11.88. On the way back I had a 5X8 uahaul that was pretty loaded down. I was expecting better milage but I had to go pretty slow and had it in 4wheel drive in a few places becasue of bad weather. Got some new hunting boots at good ol Cabelas and a few fleece button up shirts at Bass Pro. Good trip overall but Im glad to be back! Time to relax!

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not this time. Wich is wierd cause whenever we are up there we usually do. I was only up for a little over a day anyway and most of it was spent in my grandparents place. Did see a few deer though, no big ones.

avdoc

Reaction score
Heck I live in Springfield, Mo You should have yelled, our family owns a rest. there. Id bought your food. I guess if you like Chinese food. LOL

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey

i live in Joplin what restaurant is it? dont tell me it's Mr yen's off James river that place is great

avdoc

Reaction score
i live in Joplin what restaurant is it? dont tell me it's Mr yen's off James river that place is great

Ok I wont tell you it's Mr. Yens. I will tell you its the one off of James River with the Big Great Wall. I can tell you that. LOl But, yeah it is, and thanks for the compliment. My Bro's uncle owns the Japanese Steak and Sushi rest. there where you live. It's pretty good too.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya but i cant afford the one here in town my mom and i love mr yens there hot mustard is the worlds best when my allergies are acting up that stuf will clear you right up wow it is great.

so dinner is on you next time i come to town huh?

we also love zios up there it is great Italian food i always can remember my exit for it because of all the neon at mr yens lol

avdoc

Reaction score
hey avdoc, by girl friend is from MO and loves Yens. She wants to know if Moo still works there!

Ya, Moo is awesome. You would be amazed at how many people request her. She is real good with customers. I had heard that Zio's were closing, but it must have been a rumor cause they are still open. It is probably my favorite Italian place in town.

avdoc

Reaction score
When you come back let me know. You need to try the spicy wantons. They are my favorite when I have a cold. I actually eat them for a meal sometimes. Also try the house fried rice. It has shrimp, pork, etc. Those are my two favorites.

avdoc

Reaction score
We have to tear a section of the wall out and re-do it. The trash truck slid into it and pushed it about 5 or 6 inches off of its base and now it leans. Big no no. Big bucks and a lot of neon to replace.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will definitly let you know when we are around again. either this summer or next christmas time. I love wantons and im always up to try new ones! That sucks about the wall, is insurance gonna cover any of it?

avdoc

Reaction score
I will definitly let you know when we are around again. either this summer or next christmas time. I love wantons and im always up to try new ones! That sucks about the wall, is insurance gonna cover any of it?

They are supposed to fix it. Somewhere around $55,000 I think. John is dealing with it, and it has been a hassle I know.