confimred 2009 Tahoe features GM confidential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer called me this morning and said they had just received some preliminary info on 2009. It is listed as “GM confidential†(yea right, now that I’ve posted it on the net…). It has no pricing info at all, and the info is pretty basic, but here are a few things that I found very interesting that GM is stating about the 2009 tahoes (most of this has been talked about already here, this is just a confirmation and codes):

2009 new features:
-UPF: Bluetooth phone
-UBS: XM nav traffic
-PCK: Luxury package (replaces 3LT and is available on 2lt models only. Includes: front full featured bucket seats with leateater;…etc heated front & second row seats, 2nd row power release, power lift gate, driver auto dimming outside heater power adjustable power folding mirror, bose sound system)
-DRC: inside rearview mirror with rear camera display (NOT available on LTZ)
-JL1: interated trailer brake controller

-L9H 6.2L V8 (available on 2wd and 4wd)
-MYC: 6 speed AT transmission

-K5L: heavy duty trailering package (includes KNP transmission oil cooler, KC4 engine oil cooler, electric fan and heavy duty radiator)
-KB6: heated and cooled front row seats (standard and only available on LTZ models)
-UFT: side blind zone alert (LTZ models only)

A few new interior and exterior colors, a few new wheels (no pictures)

Accessories ( it doesn’t sound like all of these are new, some of them already exist), ive only listed the ones I’m not familiar with or that sound interesting to me.
-Personal audio link
-Billet grill
-2 way advanced remote (GM’s been talkin about this forever, it would be sweet if they could actually make it happen!!)
-Fender flares (non z71-or LTZ)
-Tail lamp guards
-Choice of 7 -20†chrome wheels
-Choice of 4 – 22†chrome wheels

Changes from 2008:

-LTZ enhancements: new body silde moldings, chrome tip on shift lfever, door sillplates with “Chevroletâ€, chenter channel bose sound system, heated cool front seats.
-Z71 package: door handles and mirror caps will be body colored and grille inserts will be bright chrome
-Temp readout and compass display move to driver info center
-(PDD) convenience package now contains (UVC) rearview camera system and (DRC) inside rearview mirror with rear camera display
-(V1K) luggage rack center rails no are packaged on LT and LTZ models
-New cloth seat fabric on LS and 1LT
-New turn signal display in outside rearview mirrors
-Auto dimming mirror is only available with DRC insie rearview mirror with camera display, -----PCK luxury packate or on LTZ models.

DELETIONS FROM 2008

-3LT equipment group
-DF5: inside rearview mirror with compass and temp display (compass and temp display moved to DIC)
-AW2: 2 passenger third row bench
-VPA: chrome appearance package
-Elimination of chrome inserts in rear dor sills for non LTZ models
-RCP: 20†painted aluminum wheels
-N93: 17†5 spoke aluminum wheels with radial grooves
-GT5: 4.10 ratio rear axle
-31*: light cashmere/ebony interior
-**D: custom cloth
-M30: 4-speed automatic transmission

Soooo, this is interesting news. Again, I have not posted everything it says here, but I got the bulk of it. My dream tahoe would have been a loaded 2009 LT3 Z71 with a 2nd row bench and 6.2 6 speed. With the LT3 discontinued I had better somehow be able to Load out a LT2 Z71, add the new PCK and somehow have a BENCH seat in the 2nd row, 6.2 6AT AND UFT. If the UFT is really only available on LTZ (and cant be added to a 2LT somehow) im not gonna be happy, and I will be down right pissed if I HAVE to get 2nd row bucket seats with the PCK that replaced LT3. Time will tell.

Hope this helps any of ya

- Chad

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting...

like the write up tho!

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. LT3 is gone, I guess you can pretty much get whatever it had by option... looks like the luxury pack is kind of LT3 and Convenience Pack 2 rolled up together. I knew the 2 passenger 3rd row couldn't last- I wouldn't give up a seat for a magazine rack; also knew the lint-bucket cloth interior had to go. Some people love the ebony/cashmere interior, don't know why they'd do that unless some new colors take its place. The trailer package is way better than current, I want the fan, oil cooler, and HD radiator!
Leaves me wondering this: The 6.2 is on the 4wd now, will it still only be for LTZ (probably)? Why still XM, if its going sirius? Wonder if I could add Live Traffic to my current setup somehow. Don't feel as bad about missing the cooled seats because i'm a Z71 man, but would like to know how that system works, and if I could rig it in to mine later! Did miss the 6 speed, though.

Thanks for the update, your dealer's a real pal! Did he make you promise not to tell a soul?

Mortifer

Reaction score
Any chance it listed the MPG estimate for the 5.3L with the 6sp? This is the main factor that is making me wait for the 09's over the 08.

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, no info on MPG, pricing, or any of that type of stuff.

I included just about everything listed on that sheet. I'd scan it in, but its 9 pages written with large font and has some large images and menus on every page, so when all is said and done there is not a lot of text on each page.

2 things I did not post but will now:

2009 Model offering:

Model ..... forecaseted % mix
hybrid..............8%
1LS..............15%
1LT..............15%
2LT..............32%
LTZ..............30%

So this is interesting. Apparently not many people are buying the basline (LS and 1LT) models, and the 'limited' edition is not so limited...

a few more new features I did not list above origionally (I think this covers EVERYTHING in my packet):
- (333) light cashmere/dark cashmere interior trim (maybe this answers Black Dog's question as to why the discontinued the light cashmere/ebony trim)
- 80U: red jewl tintcoat exterior color (LTZ only)
- 46U: blue granite metallic exterior color
- optional 6" tubular assist steps

The dealer did not mention anything to me about not telling anyone. This stuff will be public knowledge soon enough, and i don't see how this could hurt GM anyhow...

enjoy!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DANG, they got rid of my favorite feature and thats the 2 pasenger 3rd row. i mean you can only fit 6 total. lets be real. might as well let every pasenger have their own seat. looks like if i do upgrade it will be an 08. sorry but the captains in all three rows trumps all the little add ons. :au:

Mortifer

Reaction score
DANG, they got rid of my favorite feature and thats the 2 pasenger 3rd row. i mean you can only fit 6 total. lets be real. might as well let every pasenger have their own seat. looks like if i do upgrade it will be an 08. sorry but the captains in all three rows trumps all the little add ons. :au:

:confused2:
I am a bit confused... You can still order the 3 passenger 3rd row, can you not?

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is good information and thanks for the heads up. I did not see where the selection of the luxury package deletes the 2nd row bench, just makes it heated....or am I missing something? Also, it could be that the third row is no longer optional because it will be standard equipment on all models. Just a thought.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is good information and thanks for the heads up. I did not see where the selection of the luxury package deletes the 2nd row bench, just makes it heated....or am I missing something? Also, it could be that the third row is no longer optional because it will be standard equipment on all models. Just a thought.

it is the third row, and i want 2 passenger third rows back. that looks nicer than the bench.

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is vague, it doesnt say it deletes it. I was just speculating in saying that IF they do, I will not be happy.

it is the third row, and i want 2 passenger third rows back. that looks nicer than the bench.

To each his on tastes, but to me, I think a 2 passenger 3rd row seat with the "magazine holder" as Black Dog states it is not as useful as a 3 passenger 3rd row. The magazine holder takes up valuable space and makes the seat cramped for only 1 or 2 people, and it eliminates the possibility to add a third person if needed. I suppose I can see how people would like the look of 3 rows of captains chairs as mentioned, but in my case it is function over fit in terms of the number of people I can cram inside this beast. ROAD TRIP!!

When are they ever going to offer HID's instead of having to do aftermarket

HID's would be sweet to have from the factory, but are fairly easy to add after market, and are not terribly expensive. You also get your choice of color and brightness doing it after market.

I reallllllllly want the 2-way remote to happen. Not quite sure what function it will fill, but it looks darn cool!! I'm not gonna hold my breath for that one though...

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm.....I wonder if they will finally come up with a new fabric to where they can do something about that TSB mentioned about the Ebony cloth interior.....hmmmmm. And omg.......if they make a shift lever with a little chrome tip on the end, I want it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the 2 passenger third row has more function as the middle seat in the third row bench in the GMT900s is so cramped a toddler could not sit between 2 adults. plus if i need more than 6 people i take my yukon :thumbsup:

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 2 person 3rd row and its nice. Looks nice in my opinion. Wonder why they discontinued the 20" optional wheels on the LT1's I really like mine.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt know that was an option.

I think RT means captains in the 2nd row, and 2 passenger bench in the 3rd row, such as has been currently offered. He's right, it does look premium when it's set up that way, and even though I bashed it I was tempted to do that. But giving up a seat in row 2 made me keep the middle seat in the 3rd row, because I might need 7 sometimes.