Control Arm Upgrades Possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckingwevl

Reaction score
I have a 98 Tahoe, 4 door, LT RWD. The bushings on my control arms are shot which is to be expected at 15 years old! OE Bushings are relatively inexpensive, poly bushings are a little more expensive and the labor to replace is out of this world (if you go to the dealer). I'm entertaining the idea of upgrading this part of the suspension since they have to be taken down anyway.

First, is anyone aware of control arm upgrades for a 2 wheel drive? If so is price vs. added improvement worth it? Would I get bang for my buck attempting to upgrade?

I plan on driving my Tahoe for years to come and drive it on my ranch in west texas where there are decent dirt/rock/sand roads. 4 wheel drive isn't required on the roads as long as you stay on them! i'm really looking for stronger more offroad type of upgrades since OE suspension parts were meant for comfort on the hwy with your family in it. I do push the tahoe hulling my water trailer and feed to my hunt feeders and water troughs.

As a side note if it matters, I'm running 31" Toyos and have Air Lift bags on the back. Thanks in advance.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a Poly set for about $50 off amazon, pressed them in and out with a couple pieces of pipe a long bolt a nut and a few flat washers (and a torch)..... 2wd 1995 Tahoe....