Custom Sub enclosure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea too bad they don't have different sizes, and for different subs. I want one for my L7, but I want it to fit under the stock plastic trim.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I imagine you loose your jack when you put this in right? Not that it would be a problem for most of us.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I imagine you loose your jack when you put this in right? Not that it would be a problem for most of us.

Looks like it but might as well jam until roadside gets there...lol

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I would definatly jam. This is obviously designed with space savings in mind, but I wonder how good the sound quality is. I imagine it won't boom like those high profile ported boxes that take up half the trunk. Surely it will sound better than the Basslink T I have now. But this would be cool because I could buy one high end 12" and put a good bit of power through it, and not have it stolen.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but my Tahoe has a 2nd row seat that has plenty of room for a friggin jack to fit under it.

You guys and your silly 2-seater Hoes.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but my Tahoe has a 2nd row seat that has plenty of room for a friggin jack to fit under it.

You guys and your silly 2-seater Hoes.

I got a third row I wanna keep. But those people that take out the 2nd and 3rd row are crazy.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing am wondering is, where is the drivers-side third row seat going to land? In front of the speaker, behind the speaker, or is the back for the seat going to be smack in the middle of the speaker:mob:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing am wondering is, where is the drivers-side third row seat going to land? In front of the speaker, behind the speaker, or is the back for the seat going to be smack in the middle of the speaker:mob:

Whats the reason? Sub level frequencies are non directional. If it aint touchin it your hearin it.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the reason? Sub level frequencies are non directional. If it aint touchin it your hearin it.

Because i don't want to have half a 3rd row just to put a 12", if its going to smack in the middle that suck, It'll just put a 10" in the truck. don't want to seating or trunk space if not i would have put three 12" Solobaric that i had in the previous truck in there already

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this MTX Thunderform Enclosure that fits under the factory side panel. There are installation instructions to bolt down your jack stand on the left compartment. This is only a 10" sub and you can buy it with or without a built in amp. I installed it without the built in amp and purch another amp separately.

Check this site out

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/enclosures/thunderform.cfm

I have a family so this is all that I need. I didn't want too much bass, but something that I can enjoy when the family is not around.

I'll post some pix when I get home tonight.

05LS

Reaction score
That mtx sub design looks pretty good for wanting a little bass. How much did that set you back?

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it all depends on what you want done. You can buy the sub enclosure with the amp installed which I believe runs about 600, or you can buy the sub enclosure without the amp which is about 400. I bought the sub with another amp that they installed under my second row, but I've gone to my installer a few times in the past so he hooked me up w/ the sub, amp and install for about 400. Pretty much he tossed in the amp for me for free...I've gone to him for my alarm and my navi so he hooked me up pretty good. I'm pretty sure if you do some shopping around your local shops you can get a decent price somewhere. Other places i've checked were wanting to set me back 600-700 bucks

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, for the price of that custom enclosure in the original post, I can get a Rockford Fosgate loaded enclosure with two Stage 2 12"s. My third row seats are in the attic and I'm never using them again. And the box wouldn't take up any more room than the folded third row seat anyway. And it would sound alot better.

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed a stock sub enclosure (from a 2002 Tahoe) in the rear panel of my 06 Tahoe, I moved the jack to under the passengers side rear bucket. I secured it with velcro wraps. It doesn't move a bit...