Debadge....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Choppercity

Reaction score
I finally did it...day and night difference....I must have finished 30 mins ago, and I already have blisters on my thumbs lol....The "LT" badges on the sides...I cant wait for this weekend...24" edge hypes!!! Pics to follow

hvrsq

Reaction score
I just bought an '08 silverado this afternoon and came home and debadged it. Doing the tahoe tomorrow. I bought 3m wax and adhesive remover from checker auto parts. Worked great!

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you use to get them off?

all you have to do for the LT badges is heat them up with a hair dryer, for about 3 minutes and then they peel right up. then take some goo gone, and its done. its seriously VERY easy

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck the badges on the pillars, the LT badges, they will come off easier than anything, I did mine when it was snowing out, just get a fingernail under them and they peel right up, no worries. It's the black stuff under the Tahoe and Chevy words that blistered the shizzle out of my thumbs and index fingers, no bigs, it's healed now and looks great.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to debadge mine, but I'm up in the air. Maybe when I get some rims I'll think about it.

Choppercity

Reaction score
I used an old credit card, blow dryer and some goo gone.....the "chevrolet" logo came off wayyy easier than the "tahoe".....blisters on both thumbs lol....I was not sure about the "LT" badges, but everyones response is its wayyyyyyy easier to remove, so tomorrow after work, its gone! Easyrider, hows the drop in air filter?

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honest, take the two minutes and try it out, I think they are just mylar backed stickers not two sided adhesive. They should be easy enough to re-adhere to someplace like inside of your door or the garage beer fridge. Mine didn't even leave any sticky residue, they pulled right off, nothing to prepare for.

Choppercity

Reaction score
Thanks Caddis.....I plan on doing that first thing in the morning....I just got my windshield tinted this afternoon.....

Choppercity

Reaction score
LT badges removed...Tint added to the windshield, and 24" edge hypes added as well....Truck looks amazing...I love it

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 2 pillar badges off and glue in less than 30 minutes. The GMC on the barn door, much longer. GooGone is no match for the large badges. I picked up some 3M adhesive, wax and black mark remover. I will try it in the morning

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LT badges removed...Tint added to the windshield, and 24" edge hypes added as well....Truck looks amazing...I love it

you really ought to stop talking about this GREAT looking tahoe unless you are gonna give us some pics :ktoe:

Choppercity

Reaction score
My bad sapper! lol Its taking me so long bc I havent had a spare min lately, planning things for my sons birthday.... anyways...

IMG00003.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

IMG00006.jpg

definitely more pics coming soon....The last one was actually taken before I removed the LT badges....I should have more pics put up tonite....

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to see another person throw on some winshield tint...sets the truck off IMO

Choppercity

Reaction score
IMO is "in my opinion".....and yes...The windshield tint does wonders for the truck...I got it done at 50%, what is yours at trend setta?

And green gumby, honestly, I have been looking around...saw some links in these forums for some guy "mike"...So Im thinking those are something im interested in...Ive been trying to catch up on whats a good exhaust, nothing too loud, but sounds deep and gowls a little bit. Im also looking forward to adding a train horn...lol...stupid i know, but something i want lol