Debadge....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
relax guys. 75% of the people on here have debadged their rigs. If it were that big of a concern you would see many more posts and opinions saying dont do it. Just be sure to get the adhesive very warm, the badges will come off with a slight struggle, but it will not take your paint off and the remaining adhesive will come off with goo gone or 3M. I left tiny tiny little scuffs on mine when the process was done...bought some turtlewas polishing compound...a little of that with a terri cloth and you'd never know i had badges in the first place. Looks 100x's better!! Very clean look! Ill try to post pics this weekend...

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
Would it be too late to de-badge my 04 tahoe? I'm just worried about any difference in paint color.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it be too late to de-badge my 04 tahoe? I'm just worried about any difference in paint color.

Tell me where you see any difference in paint?

gmtruck1.jpeg

SoCal Tahoe is 100% correct..it is so simple that i waited till the sun warmed up the badges and used a fishing line sawed the back using a back and forth method and used my finger nail to "scratch" off the rest of the black double sided sticky tape....wiped it after with a cloth to clean up

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Debadge color difference

I did my "00" Yukon about a month ago, since the weather has cleared up I got a chance to give it a thorough wash and wax and you can't tell that there ever was any tags on the vehicle. Mine is Pewter in color, no off tones in the sun or shade.

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
Tell me where you see any difference in paint?

gmtruck1.jpeg

SoCal Tahoe is 100% correct..it is so simple that i waited till the sun warmed up the badges and used a fishing line sawed the back using a back and forth method and used my finger nail to "scratch" off the rest of the black double sided sticky tape....wiped it after with a cloth to clean up

well, that pic isn't exactly up close now is it? :gy:

how long after you got your truck did you decide to take off the badges?

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
I did my "00" Yukon about a month ago, since the weather has cleared up I got a chance to give it a thorough wash and wax and you can't tell that there ever was any tags on the vehicle. Mine is Pewter in color, no off tones in the sun or shade.

that's reassuring, since i have the dark gray color. i'm going to do it this weekend if i can get some time and we don't get rain :mad3:

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VaTahoe, you'll be fine. If you want to be overly cautious, go buy some good polishing compound to apply after you have removed the badges and washed your rig. That will get any little scuffs out just in case.

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
alright, got the chevrolet one off, working on the tahoe one now. damn autozone was all out of 3M adhesive remover. that means i got to go up to walmart now:rolleyes:

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
alright, we're all debadged. my thumbs are raw and i sliced the side of my finger with the fishing line. other than that, we're gtg. i had wanted to do this for awhile and now thanks to this forum, i finally did it. looks much better already and i haven't even washed it yet. :D

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't sit and read all the way through but you can take dental floss and stretch so you have enough to go above/under the badge. Just make a sawing motion and it will come off and goo gone the rest. For all of you that are getting blisters from trying to take them off with your hands.

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goo Gone doesn't work THAT well, especially if it's not warm out. I had full digit blisters from rubbing that stuff off and alternated between goo gone and rubbing alcohol. Such is life, I am happy with it now.

screamin86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had my yukon two weeks and i already debadged it was a pain to get all the adhesive off i used goo gone too

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is some solvent we used to use when I worked at toyota, it comes in a green can, works way better than goo gone.. I can't remember the name of it though. Green/black square metal can, white lettering... anyways, goo gone is more heard of so I mentioned that.

Darkitec

Reaction score
Ultimate Debadge.

Purchased mine externally debadged, added a grill with out bow tie, now to finish off the ho, Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a Steering wheel air bag without the Chebby, GMC or Caddy emblem?

jstew5004

Reaction score
Removed Pinstripe, replaced chrome door mouldings with black and painted emblems black. Windshield tinted, and black 24's. I think after reading this thread, I'm gonna go ahead and completely de-badge.

Last edited:

Prospect62

Reaction score
OK old thread and I'm a newbie, but I can't watch people struggle when there is a MUCH easier way. Get one (maybe two) of these. Maybe three.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-M-Stripe-..._Automotive_Tools&hash=item3a8a35d4d8&vxp=mtr

They take off stripes, stickers, adhesive residue, etc. with no drama. Completely safe for the finish. I've used these on several vehicles to take off side moldings/adhesive residue. Very effective and well worth the price. No blisters, no messing with solvents and "goo gone" (which NEVER works).

Only thing is you will burn through one wheel pretty quick if it's cooler outside. If you're debadging a whole truck including side moldings, emblems, stickers...I'd get at least two of these, maybe three.
Hope this helps future de-badgers!

TheAutumnWind

Reaction score
Doing this as one of my first mods. Have debadged other vehicles before and it always makes a nice difference