Djm 3/5 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Lowered The Rear On My 2006 Yukon Today At Work. . Was Wondering If Anyone Has This Kit Or Knows Anything About The Kit? I Noticed That After It Was Dropped, The Ride In The Rear Was Very "bouncy". After I Went To Lunch And Put Some Miles On It, Me And My Coworker Came To The Conclusion That The Truck Was Bottoming Out On The Bump Stops.we Put It In The Air And Took A Look And Found That The Right Side Of The Sway Bar Was Hitting The Bracket For The Panhard Rod And Not The Stops. We Used The Rear Links That Djm Recomended, But We Ended Up Putting The Stock Links Back In And The Ride Was A Lot Better. Just Wondering If Anyone Has Ran Into This. Thanks Ahead Of Time For Feedback.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to cut off you stock bumpstop and bracket and use a lower profile stop, don't worry it won't bottom out because the spring will compress softly and will be at the end of the travel anyway. Easy job, just get some small bumpstops and a grinder for instant travel and no more lowrider bs
SideVeiw.gif

http://www.djmsuspension.com/Articles/FreeTravel.htm

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, just lowered the front on friday after some issues with stykin trucks. Only got a 2 1/4 drop in the front. Was told by stylin trucks and street beat customs that the front factory shocks can be used with the kit. Well it seems that the shock mount is the same as the control arm. Not sure if this is the correct way or not. Its a bad desighn IMO but had to do it to get out of my shop. Gonna call djm tommorrow and see what they say.Here are some pics of what im talking about and the truck after.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk66/2006yukon/013.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk66/2006yukon/010.jpg

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a 3/5? my 2/3 sits about that low. and you're right about that shock mount, looks all wrong.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front shocks fork around the lower mount, something is off with those arms. One of my techs drove his uncle's denali to work today and my truck is 3.5" lower up front and over 4.5" lower out back, did they forget to send you front keys or something?

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kit does not come with front keys. its the djm calmax 3/5 kit. it came with front lower a-arms, 5inch rear coils, relocating kit with sway bar links. i marked the keys and they are set at the stock location. but from what i read, you put them at the stock location. also i performed the alighnment afterwards and i have the contorl arms maxed out and it still has a little bit of postivie camber, but is within the factory specs. i was thinking of lowering the front keys a little bit to achieve the full drop, and hopefully will be able to get a little bit of negative camber but still in spec

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drop those keys down and you should see at least 3" of drop. I used stock 3/4ton keys (same index as the belltechs that came in my kit) and was able to align the truck to stock with quite a bit of drop. I've heard of a few people having issues with the rear control arm brackets and it seems like the stockers are just fine. Hope you figure it all out :cheers:

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw other postings from you about the purple keys, but i really thought i would of achieved a full 3inch drop with the a-arms. kinda disapointed with the front, but like the rear. hopefully will clear some things up with djm tommorrow. thanks for the replys!

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt, here are a couple pics of mine from about a month ago.

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! What size rims are you running? I want to go with the black boss 330's in 22's so I can get a somewhat chunky tire.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called djm tech line this morning about the shock issue. They said that all i was saying was true and that the way the front shocks are mounted are the way they are supposed to be if you run the factory shock. They recomend to run there drop shocks and they are mounted a better way. Also I think that I may have figured out why the front is only at 2.25 inches. I had tightened the a-arm bolts with my 3/8 impact, but the instruction say to torque to 30ft.lbs.The suspension being unloaded when I had tightend themand the a-arms not being able to pivot, is giving me a less of a drop and a harsh ride. Will re-torque at work in the a.m. Should of read instructions first!

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just running 20s. I think I remembered seeing that they only offered the wheel in 20" & 24" and I couldn't swing 24s. If they had a 22" wheel, I would have gotten that too. My tire size is only 275/45, but whenever I need to replace them I will def step up to a 285/45 or something a little larger. I'll probably go back and see what Boostaholic is running on his truck since they seem to fit pretty well.

DenaliAnyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what are the measurements of your truck(s) from ground to fender? I just purchased purple keys and I just want to lower the front a 1/2 inch. Will I still be within specs? Right now my truck sits: FP-34.5", FD-34", RD-33.5", RP-33.5".

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just got done measuring the truck at work and the truck is sitting at 32 1/2 from floor to the lip of the fender at all 4 wheels.

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck sits at 32 front 33 1/4 rear on a 32" tire so you must have dialed it up perfect :cheers:
:ttiwwop:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just running 20s. I think I remembered seeing that they only offered the wheel in 20" & 24" and I couldn't swing 24s. If they had a 22" wheel, I would have gotten that too. My tire size is only 275/45, but whenever I need to replace them I will def step up to a 285/45 or something a little larger. I'll probably go back and see what Boostaholic is running on his truck since they seem to fit pretty well.
The 275/55/20 will fit just fine, my truck rubs a bit but they're all terrains and run a bit large.

DenaliAnyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, my truck now sits at 33" in the front, is that too low to be concerned about binding the CV shafts?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG00108.jpg

Go much lower if the look like this. I want to see my angles at 5" drop up front with some spindles.