DJM Free travel mod DONE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ook good deal, after yal did this since there is more travel, did your tires hit anything in the back wheel well?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
or you can trim the stock bump stops

the free travel mod eliminates the stock bump stops with the bracket and installs new bump stops...
If you're around 5" or lower, trimming the bumstops alone may not be enough in most cases.

stockergt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of bump stops that I will sell you, I accidentally bought two sets when I did mine. If you want them let me know.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i will let you know if i need them, i have the ones i put on from the belltech drop kit idno if those will work though with just moving them

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just finished the free travel mod and the truck rides better now. i just had 7 adults in my truck and drove over some pretty bad streets and hte ride was coo. the only issue i am having now is the rear tires rub a little on turns. other than that, no problems. should of done this a long time ago, just lazy

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I have an 04' Tahoe and do not have any problems bottoming out at all but am still wondering if this might be worth the time. I do have some fender lining rubbing issues but nothing major. I also plan on rolling the fenders soon and beefing up the sway bars to eliminate the issues I am having. I took out my 3rd row seats and never have more than a passenger and my little girl in the truck so unless I plan on pilling in a bunch of knuckle heads and rollin' round town I may just leave'm be. I did go go with the McGaughy's shocks and trailing arm relocator though and trimmed my bump stops, maybe this is why there is no issues with bottoming out. While I do get the ass end going on some dips on the highway from time to time normally I roll slow and low, that might help too.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the bump stops previously and i still had some issues with bottoming out. i do run with people in the car once in a while. not 100% sure where im rubbing at. i drove with 7 people in the car last night and had a little rubbing but nothing to major. diddnt have a chance to really look were today cause i was at a funeral to attend to and got back home when it was dark. i normally drive with 2-3 grown people in the car. but if you end up having people in the car, you probably will bottom out.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 5 people in my truck last Friday and it didn't bottom out, my truck rubs on the plastic trim panels inside the wheelwell cuz the tires are too wide. I'm going down to a 285/50/20 for the summer once it gets dropped more. air helper bags worked awesome I can't wait to dial up the free travel mod once I fix my exhaust.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boost, do you think 285/50/20's will be ok? I have them now and Im worried they will rub too much when i go lower.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naw you should be chill depending on the offset. My 275/55/20 are taller and wider than the nitto 285/50/20 and I don't rub anywhere in back when flexed (aside from those plastic liners that are long gone).