Do rear coil spring squeak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAnyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately I can hear at times in the rear of my truck an annoying squeaking sound. I don't hear it all the times mainly when traveling on uneven pavement. My coils seem to be secured with both isolators on the frame and axle. Can it be the bushings?

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have access to a alighnment rack which you can put the truck on and with the wheels loaded, try to bounce on the suspension. if you do, try that and you can sometimes locate the noise by spraying some type of grease on the part that you think is making the noise. if not, is it possible to go under the truck and have someon bounce the bumper and you can try to isolate the noise with the grease method.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put mine on the lift and dropped the spring that was squeaking. Sprayed the hell out of the coil bucket with white lithium grease and re-installed the coil. No more squeak. I've also removed the factory coil isolators which makes them more prone to squeak, haven't heard them since.