Dont spend your money on smooth vent caps, make your own!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ray_z71

Reaction score
how to remove the vent caps

Man those look sweet! I am having a hard time removing mine. What did you use to push in the plastic clips? When I use the thinnest screw driver I have it kind of dents the black trim around the side window. Also, did you do anything to stop the vent from rattling? They rattle like a biatch when the subs hit.

Burban23

Reaction score
i plan on doing this mod my self but a buddy told me that if i fill in all the slots my a/c's power will be greatly reduced..is this true ? does the a/c pull air through the vents ?

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to pull mine outward towards the back of the truck after I took the screw out. They kinda snap in and out.They're in there pretty good so a couple of slight tugs and it should be off. I've got no rattle what so ever and I got a system no rattle. You'll see after you get them off their are directional rubber flaps so I don't think you should have a problem with your A/C at least I haven't.

Last edited:

ray_z71

Reaction score
Ah. So I have to pull them straight back and they will pop out, right? Thanks for the tip..

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup thats how mine came out and I didn't damage it at all doing it that way just take your time with it. You could start at the top get it loose then do the bottom might make it a little easier,also you can try and spray a little wd40 right where the tabs are at along the side window to help the process.

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
when i first put my system in i removed those plastic flappy things that are behind the caps cuz when the bass hit they rattled bad. i covered the holes with dynamat and that stopped the rattling. i think those things are for releasing built up cabin pressure like when you slam the doors with the windows up. nothing to do with the a/c i dont think

Lowhoe775

Reaction score
i used plain old fiberglass resin. this is bondo brand but any will work. i think epoxy resin will work also

About how much resin was used? Should I get a gallon or less I just don't want to buy a gallon and not use it all.