Driver's Window Buffeting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmad1

Reaction score
Just returned from picking up our '17 Tahoe LT from the dealer for the second time in 2 weeks. It has window buffeting on the driver's side under 30 mph that will drive you batty. For the second time, service writer and service manager say they can not hear it. I have had 3 friends drive it and they can hear it. Has anyone else experienced this? On another forum, I found a TSB and asked the service writer to look it up. He could not find it. Two weeks ago, a different service writer said it only pertains to those with a sun roof, which I don't have. If you have found a fix or TSB, I would appreciate knowing what the fix was. Unless they can fix this, there will be a Ford in our future. I have always driven GMs. Even my '13 Vette does not do this. The '12 Tahoe LT we traded did not do it. In the last two weeks, they have also replaced the driver's window electric module, heater motor and today the A/C compressor. The car has 20k miles on it. Not a happy camper... :help:

69meano

Reaction score
Id also like to know the fix >If you have a TSB number I can try and look it up. -Mine has the same issue and No Sunroof also Thanks

dmad1

Reaction score
69 Meano-- I have a friend that has a Porsche Shop and I was in his shop the other day and he was looking up TSBs and I ask him to take a look at my Tahoe. He found one referring to the drone type sound coming from the engine compartment and dash area. Didn't refer to the window noise but they have a fix for the vibration whining noise. I am sorry I can't give you the TSB number right now because I gave the print out to the Chevy service writer and just forgot to make myself a copy of it. It shows a pic. of a bracket they bolt to the A/C lines to help take out the vibrations. The service writer was sceptic of it because even though it show it was approved by GM, it was not a GM print out. He subscribes to a different data source. He said he would check it out and get back to me but it has been all week now and I have not heard back from him. I plan on going by there Monday and speak with him again. I will also see my friend again and get another print out and post the TSB. I think it was for '15-'18. It was stupid of me not to write it down, thinking Chevy would get right on it. Yeah Right!

69meano

Reaction score
WIND BUFFETING DRONE TYPE NOISE AND/OR BODY PRESSURE BOOMING AND/OR WATER LEAK

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN

Reference Number(s): PIT5318D, Date of Issue: Mar 27, 2017

fix is...
1.Remove the headliner to access the underside of the roof.
2.Carefully inspect thefront and rear sides ofroof bows 3 to 5 for insufficient bonding to the roof sheet metal (4).
3.Press upward on the roof sheet metal to expose any separated sealer that may not be evident at first glance.
Any roof bow that is not bonded to the sheet metal will need to be repaired.