DRL Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fdnyfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to mod the DRL so just the LED lights come on and not the headlight?

Thanks

73Vetteman

Reaction score
Wiring Diagram Needed

Does anyone know how to mod the DRL so just the LED lights come on and not the headlight?
Thanks

There is an easy mod using a relay to turn off the headlamp's DRL function but that doesn't accomplish your desire to have the LED strips to function as DRL's.

I once saw a BCM (body control module) wiring diagram and intended to check it out when I had more time. I might be able to come up with a mod if I know the function of each BCM terminal.

Does anyone have or know where I can get the wiring diagram or bcm terminal information?

73Vetteman

Reaction score
I found a way to mimic the ltz lighting that use the led's for daytime running lights in conjunction with my hid converted headlights. Everything functions properly meaning parking lights only when turned on, only led's during daytime etc.
Requires 3 relays and cutting and soldering. Message me for more information or pictures.

73Vetteman

Reaction score
I posted pictures and a schematic diagram for the mod on the TahoeYukon forum.

It makes your 15 - 17 LS or LT operate the LED's for DRL's EXACTLY like a LTZ.

I tried loading my high res pictures on this thread but they were too large.