Dual battery Installation

Discussion in 'Technical write ups & Installation Guides' started by JKmotorsports, Oct 8, 2007.

1. JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports tahoeyukonforum.com

Check out some of your local custom car stereo shops. You can also try places like RV and truck accessory shops. Get a relay type isolator instead of the older style diode based isolator.

2. woldd90

woldd90 New Member

You can get them off Ebay for around $50.00

3. tast101

tast101 Full Access Member

4. geo1

geo1 New Member

another way to mount the batteries in an 1998 Tahoe... One for the Power Line alternator...

Attached Files:

5. kevelev666

kevelev666 New Member

???

What wire wpuld i be using from the alternator? Thanks in advance for the help.

6. fletch57

fletch57 New Member

I have the PAC 200 Isolator, I have all the instructions to do the install and have the confidence that I can. I am just unsure as to where to connect that ignition wire from the isolator into the fuse box. Which fuse wire should be used? Or should I just use a circuit tester, turn the ignition on and off until I find one?

7. protector

protector New Member

second battery install

Hey there JK,

I'm interested in following your guide to add a second battery to my 2011 LTZ and had a question. Can you tell me if and how the second battery runs the cars accessories (DVD, stereo, dome lights, etc) when the vehicle is off and the key is in the accessory position?

Thanks

Protector

8. Stingraysktm

Stingraysktm New Member

I've been planning on installing a second battery too (2014 LTZ) and was also wondering how to connect the accessory power to the second battery. My stock config has one cable connected to the positive battery terminal that runs directly over to the engine area fuse box, thinking this will be the cable to run over to the second battery but not positive.