Dual battery Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Where can I get an 200A battery isolator at that will work with my truck? I'm leaving the factory battery in and installing a Optima Yellowtop 800CCA battery.

Thanks to those that reply.

Check out some of your local custom car stereo shops. You can also try places like RV and truck accessory shops. Get a relay type isolator instead of the older style diode based isolator.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score

geo1

Reaction score
another way to mount the batteries in an 1998 Tahoe... One for the Power Line alternator...

Attachments

• PA290606.JPG
    PA290606.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 62
  • PA290607.JPG
    PA290607.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 42

kevelev666

Reaction score
???

What wire wpuld i be using from the alternator? Thanks in advance for the help.

fletch57

Reaction score
I have the PAC 200 Isolator, I have all the instructions to do the install and have the confidence that I can. I am just unsure as to where to connect that ignition wire from the isolator into the fuse box. Which fuse wire should be used? Or should I just use a circuit tester, turn the ignition on and off until I find one?

protector

Reaction score
second battery install

Hey there JK,

I'm interested in following your guide to add a second battery to my 2011 LTZ and had a question. Can you tell me if and how the second battery runs the cars accessories (DVD, stereo, dome lights, etc) when the vehicle is off and the key is in the accessory position?

Thanks

Protector

Stingraysktm

Reaction score
Hey there JK,

I'm interested in following your guide to add a second battery to my 2011 LTZ and had a question. Can you tell me if and how the second battery runs the cars accessories (DVD, stereo, dome lights, etc) when the vehicle is off and the key is in the accessory position?

Thanks

Protector

I've been planning on installing a second battery too (2014 LTZ) and was also wondering how to connect the accessory power to the second battery. My stock config has one cable connected to the positive battery terminal that runs directly over to the engine area fuse box, thinking this will be the cable to run over to the second battery but not positive.