Dust in 2015 Tahoe Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oddman1332

Reaction score
We purchased a 2015 Tahoe LT a month ago and when it starts it has a slight clicking/ticking sound. Some threads I have found say this is normal? Our 2012 Tahoe did not do this. I also looked under the hood and the engine is very dirty/dusty? Would there be any reason for this? Can I clean the engine? Would this have any negative effects for the car. Low mileage, only 33k. Everything else is very clean on the car. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 7

roadkill58

Reaction score
Looks normal. They look nice and clean after detail, but it doesn't last long.

Oddman1332

Reaction score
Detail my engine

Anyone have any advice on how you go about cleaning/detailing your engine compartment? Thanks!

tahoe_driver

Reaction score
Just Make Sure That You Don't Get water in the air intake or anything like that.... is all of this dust on the plastic engine cover?

tahoe_driver

Reaction score
oh, just looked at the pictures... that's fine it's just on the plastic engine cover, take something like a microfiber rag (if you want to get it dirty) and just wipe it down with no water, dust collects on engine covers all of the time... so it's nothing to worry about