Engine Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrunoBear

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe 5.3 that I bought new. It has 194,000 mile and it ahs been well taken care of. I had just replaced the water pump and took it on a long trip. Drove fine but notice oil pressure up around 65 psi when getting on it. It usually was always 50psi & never moved.
Just recently now I was driving it on the highway and it was all warmed up and got a strong ticking noise & oil pressure dropped to 25 psi that went up when I revved it . Immediately pulled off and went into a business to kill time. Came out 30 minutes later and no noise. Drove it home with no problem just low oil pressure at stop lights. Oil psi still drops from 40 psi to 25 psi after warmed up at idle. Changed Oil pump & timing chain/gear (while I had it apart). No smoking gun. Drove it home and same thing happened again. Let cool for hours and drove it home with no noises. Note- It did feel like it may have had a miss when I revved it up at the throttle body-Not sure though. Ticking sounds like drivers side. Drives perfect right now waiting for it to appear again. Any help or input would be much appreciated.