Engine sputtering and loss of power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04NOLA

Reaction score
My Tahoe is a 2004 flex fuel 5.3 v8 tow package about 75,000 miles. All required maintenance is done on time if not before I use Amsoil products oil, trans, and power steering getting ready to flush brakes.

Ok back to the problem I was close to empty when I filled up with 87 octane gas from a PURE station and about 20 minutes later while driving it lost power. By this I mean it was still running bud badly had no acceleration the tach was jumping around then stayed around 500 rpm spitting sputtering I pressed the gas pedal slowly and then held it to the floor and everything in between. (I know this is not a cable accelerator)
This happened about 5 times as I tried to get home. I turned car off pulled key out of ignition opened driver door(computer reset) and it started up like no problem had occurred. No incline or hard stops made a difference. I thought water in fuel so I got a new fuel filter which I had replaced about 5k ago loosened the back of fuel filter in into a clean glass jar and it was all fuel no water. no blockage in filter. Anybody have a similar problems or advice is this a computer issue?

Also has anyone heard of our generation Tahoe computers corrupting?

chevytahoe0814

Reaction score
04nola

Hey i have a 04 flex fuel tahoe doing the same did u find out what the problem was on yours????

5dollar

Reaction score
You;ve gotta have some kind of loose connection somewhere to be causing that and then all of sudden for it to stop like that.