Engine wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alsbirdie

Reaction score
I have a 96 Tahoe two door 4x4 5.7 sport. I love my Tahoe and do not want to give up on it yet. I am having wiring problems with it.
Is there anywhere an engine wiring harness can be purchased for it? I had the transmission rebuilt last year and that is when my problems started.

Apparently, the shop crushed the wiring harness putting the transmission in. Also left wires off the harness and they have fused themselves together.
What is happening now is it runs but, the gauges drop, the rpms randomly register high(without racing the motor).

Before my current mechanic found the crushed wires ( no doubt the cause of it) I replaced the ignition, the co2 sensors, and too many other things. Shame is it ran perfectly before the transmission rebuild. which is now leaking as well.
I was advised to not spend any more money on it, However, I am just not ready to give up this vehicle. I just had
brakes
starter
power steering pump and hoses.
wheel hub
front suspension, torsion bar, bearings both sides replaced
idler arm and links
suspension and struts
upper and lower ball joints, shocks
pressure sending units
crankshaft bearing and main seal done
As you can see, I have put a good deal into this vehicle, and it ran fine before
Is there anywhere one can find a new or rebuilt harness for it? Please help I am not ready to retire this truck or make it a planter.
Is it worth it?
Any help appreciated
Never mind how terribly angry I am over this entire scenario. I just want to fix it.