Exedition vs Tahoe questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3rd row in the Expedition folds flat??? That's news to me... I knew the Navigator had fold flats, but the Expedition, too??? What's the world coming to?!! :lol:

Seriously, though. I truly believe that if Chevy would have included HIDs and 3rd row fold-flats (even as an option), the Tahoe would be complete...what say you, :Chevy: community???

hids are not on the expi eather though, and it took me 1 hour and 10 cokes to put them on, o yea and a lot of band aids and advil. so maybe your right. :D

but i like being able to remove the seat, and its not that heavy. i can take it out and use it as a couch when we go to the beach.

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Expedition is a great vehicle but I would go more on the Yukon or Tahoe. More HP, the appearance and better gas milage. I wouldn't even get the lincoln Navigator which it shares the same drivetrain and features with the Expedition except its has more luxury.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Expedition is a great vehicle but I would go more on the Yukon or Tahoe. More HP, the appearance and better gas milage. I wouldn't even get the lincoln Navigator which it shares the same drivetrain and features with the Expedition except its has more luxury.

on the same token though the esclade shares the same as a tahoe or yukon. but the eslcade can kick a navigators butt and still get better mpg. :yesnod:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalades can go 19-20 mpg on hwy, and as by kicking butt? of course 403HP vs lousy 300HP is for sure...

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hids are not on the expi eather though, and it took me 1 hour and 10 cokes to put them on, o yea and a lot of band aids and advil.

:lol: too funny

but i like being able to remove the seat, and its not that heavy. i can take it out and use it as a couch when we go to the beach.

Now that's some ingenuity for you! :p :thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hofb99
:lol:too funny

yea, but my projectors are not in yet, thats gunna be more fun :lol: the light looks awsome though.

the advil i used after the 10 time i banged my head on the god dam hood, also when my buddy decided to honk the horn while i had my head leaned over drilling a hole, then i banged my hood again, LOL. but working in tight spots, you can always expect to draw blood.

"but i like being able to remove the seat, and its not that heavy. i can take it out and use it as a couch when we go to the beach."

You really do this?:eek2: What about sand in the rollers?

i rest it on a towel and blow it off with a shop vac if i need to, only had to blow it off once, cleaned up well.

Last edited:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here:thumbsup:

Wanted some input/advise...

I have a 99 Expedition. Had it since new. Very few problems, all minor. It currently has 128,000 miles on it, and still running strong. Thinking about getting a new truck (well I've been telling my self that for the last 3 years,) but this thing keeps running strong.

I've been reading the many Expeditions are in the 150 - 190k range and still up and running.

Ok, enough of that... Besides the whole FORDS SUCK argument, I need some help to make the switch. Never owned a Chevy, always Fords. What have you guys seen as far a reliability in the Tahoes.

I really like a lot of the feature on the new Tahoe (active fuel management, E85, cool dash/info center, overall look, HP, and maybe even the Hybrid)

But, what I love about the Expedition is the key pad on the side, I use that ALL THE TIME! And the 6 speed tranny, and the higher torque numbers...

So, anyways, this is a great form, very informative, just wanted to see about the reliablity issues mainly because my next truck will last me 8 - 10 years again.

Thank,

Lance

I can't say to much bad about FORD since I have a little Ranger for our yard truck around the house to get mulch and yard supplies.:D However I will tell you that I think the New Tahoe is a much better truck then the current Expedition. The last review I read with a 07 Tahoe vs. 06 Expedition in Motor Trend stated that the Expedition was long over due for a redesign to compete on the same level as the Tahoe, I would keep that in mind. If you really like the Tahoe I would say buy it, I don't think the Ford is going to out last it. If you find that Ford is still more your type of SUV, I would say wait for Ford to get a new model out vs. buying old technology with a new grill.:cheers:

PS: Here is a link to a Motor Trend review
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suv/112_0602_verdict_fullsize_suv_comparison/index.html

Last edited:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford did Redesign the new Expedition just recently, they just need to redesign that weak 5.4 SOHC Engine they have.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford did Redesign the new Expedition just recently, they just need to redesign that weak 5.4 SOHC Engine they have.

if they redesigned the engine i would wait atleast 2 years before buying one if i ever did. they have enough trouble as it is, and new products always have bugs, no matter what brand, its just that the ford is going to have 5 times as much. Their sticking with somthing that works, and thats very smart for them right now since their on a tight budget.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
if they redesigned the engine i would wait atleast 2 years before buying one if i ever did. they have enough trouble as it is, and new products always have bugs, no matter what brand, its just that the ford is going to have 5 times as much. Their sticking with somthing that works, and thats very smart for them right now since their on a tight budget.

There is an exception to the rule as my Tahoe I bought in 06, as an 07 and haven't had any problems at all.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, the other thing is the suburban has been out since 1935, the expidetion has been out since 1996. gm has a lot more years on their suv , than ford or dodge.:D

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
75th Anniversary of Suburban in 2010?

You think GM will have a special "75th Anniversary Suburban" for 2010? :yesnod:

Burb238K.JPG

I betcha that one'd look sweet lifted with some Pro Comp 35's, a brush guard, some HID's and LED tails. It'd probably still beat the pants of the Ford Expi! :smilielol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, yea, a 2 speed auto, with at 30 hp 2 cylinder engine, heck thats what our tractor has. :smilielol: ony it has a 6 speed man, insted of an auto.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out this site for some more pics of a mostly restored one -- engine shots too! I didn't realize they went all the way back to 1935. Very cool!

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Somewhere I read about they are bringing out 6.2L Engine on all Standard truck that do 380HP... not sure though but that's what I read.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath. It's been coming for a year now. :skep: Inside sources say it may never happen. :(

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath. It's been coming for a year now. :skep: Inside sources say it may never happen. :(

Don't know who your inside sources are but I would say that they are wrong at this point. I stopped by the dealer yesterday and talked with the parts department about it. It is already being shown in the 2008 Malibu brochure for first quarter of 2008 option on the car. Also USA today had a write up on the fob. :yesnod: My buddy in the parts department said he would call when it becomes a order item and would get one in for me.

Here is the link about it http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2006-11-15-remote-usat_x.htm

Last edited: