Exedition vs Tahoe questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats why i went with the denali insted of a 2500hd when i was pick up shopping, i said i get the same stuff in an esclade and its 30k less, makes sense to me.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that, The Yukon's seem one step below Escalade and like you said about 30k less.

my denali has all the stuff an esclade has, except different looks, i mean i got the heated stering wheel (HOT, works awsome), power running boards, 403 hp 6.2 with 6 speed. plus i saved about 25k on the sticker, and still have a place to haul crud i dont want to ruin the interior, right now its getting a spray in bed liner, just so i dont beat it up. what were they thinking using a metel bed, thats gunna scratch faster than a cat being hung up side down and 50 rot whilers jumping up at it.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand it... If GM offers the Yukon (exception: Denali) w/ the option to get the 6.2 or 6.0 (forgot which, or if both), why didn't they do the same for the Tahoe... It's a shame that the strongest engine the Tahoe offers is the 5.3L/320hp... They also need to upgrade the transmission to a 5sp @ the least, IMO. I'm not too fond of how it lingers in one gear so long to get to the next while accelerating. Guess we'll just have to see if GM comes around in the next few model years...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand it... If GM offers the Yukon (exception: Denali) w/ the option to get the 6.2 or 6.0 (forgot which, or if both), why didn't they do the same for the Tahoe... It's a shame that the strongest engine the Tahoe offers is the 5.3L/320hp... They also need to upgrade the transmission to a 5sp @ the least, IMO. I'm not too fond of how it lingers in one gear so long to get to the next while accelerating. Guess we'll just have to see if GM comes around in the next few model years...

6.2 only if you get the denali, and you cant get the 6.0 enless you get an xl. using the 2500, also the same goes for the suburban, 2500 and you can get a 6.0, but you cant get that on a regular yukon or tahoe, need to get an xl or suburban for the 6.0, and the 6.2 is only on the cadi and denali.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.2 only if you get the denali, and you cant get the 6.0 enless you get an xl. using the 2500, also the same goes for the suburban, 2500 and you can get a 6.0, but you cant get that on a regular yukon or tahoe, need to get an xl or suburban for the 6.0, and the 6.2 is only on the cadi and denali.

Ah yes... Therein lies my confusion. Forgot about the XL versions of the Yuke and Hoe (Burb). But I actually thought I read in a magazine or maybe even the GM website that the Yukon short is available w/ the 6.0 option...??? I'm still confused! :lol:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, I thought the heated steering wheel was, along with the power running boards, a "fru-fru" option, but now that the cold weather is here, a heated steering wheel sure'd be nice... :yesnod: Power running boards still seem too nerdy tho... :rolleyes: COOL. But, nerdy nonetheless.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get a chance for some pics? Would love to see it next to the Yukon (in that Silverado vs. Sierra thread). Show us your fleet, man! :D

Thanks!

no dude, i willl as soon as it gets back from its spray on bed liner. when you asked me i was at work, but now that im off i have all the time in the worls and i should be picking it up tommarrow maybe or thursday for sure (you know how the dealer ship is:rolleyes2: )

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True true true... I'm going by my dealer tomorrow to pick up my center console organizer tray. :thumbsup: Not as exciting as bedliner, but hey, whatever! :cool2: