factory speaker wire questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlkmgr

Reaction score
hello all,
i just joined to ask a couple of questions. my cuz is wanting to add a amp/sub combo to his factory radio in his 07 tahoe. he has a speaker level out to pre-amp converter PAC SNI-35.

what colors are the factory speaker lines out of the back of the radio? would i be better off tapping front or rear speaker lines?

thanks to anyone that can offer some help...

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Radio 12v red/white + radio harness
Radio Ground black - radio harness
Radio Ignition (GMLAN Serial Data)
Radio Illumination yellow (dimmer) + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on same as power antenna wire
Power Antenna white + radio harness
LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness or amplifier
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness or amplifier
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness or amplifier
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness or amplifier

Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the rear of the center console.

At the amplifier, the left subwoofer wires are dk. blue/white (+) - lt. green/black (-). The right subwoofer wires are dk. green (+) - lt. blue/black (-).

mlkmgr

Reaction score
thanks AZ, that is exactly the info i was looking for!!!

if he has factory sub(s), where are they located? thanks again...

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks AZ, that is exactly the info i was looking for!!!

if he has factory sub(s), where are they located? thanks again...

No problem......It is under the center console. Also, welcome to the site.

mlkmgr

Reaction score
another kwik question. should i tap into the sub wiring OR the main speaker wiring with the line out converter? his truck is equipped with bose and we verified the sub under the console. thanks again...

Last edited:

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another kwik question. should i tap into the sub wiring OR the main speaker wiring with the line out converter? his truck is equipped with bose and we verified the sub under the console. thanks again...

I actually had my set up prior, with the LOC. I bought an RCA adaptor and tapped into the rear left and right speaker wires to get the signal.

mlkmgr

Reaction score
thanks for your continued help AZ!! i will tap into the rear speaker. but i am still a little confused by your wiring diagram description above with the positives and minuses. could you clarify a little with only using the rear speakers? thanks again....

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it.....I didn't use a LOC for my old set up. Sorry about that. I actually had an amp that had speaker level inputs....so i didn't need a LOC. Let me see if I can find some more info for you or maybe someone will chime in.

Are you asking about this below??
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness or amplifier
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness or amplifier

mlkmgr

Reaction score
yes that. just a little confused with all the + and - symbols.
the plus wires are brown/yellow and dk/lt blue, while the neg is radio harness or amp??

mlkmgr

Reaction score
ok, just to clarify--bare with me, am only running on a couple of hours of sleep so my logical deductive part of the brain is dead at the moment!!

brown is negative, while yellow is positive
dk blue is negative, while lt blue is positive

i think i just got confused with the "- radio harness or amplifier" thinking this was the negative aspect.
yeah, i am a little slow at the moment and making things hella harder than they need to be!!! thanks for your help....

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, just to clarify--bare with me, am only running on a couple of hours of sleep so my logical deductive part of the brain is dead at the moment!!

brown is negative, while yellow is positive
dk blue is negative, while lt blue is positive

i think i just got confused with the "- radio harness or amplifier" thinking this was the negative aspect.
yeah, i am a little slow at the moment and making things hella harder than they need to be!!! thanks for your help....

You got it.....

Good luck and get some sleep :)

Grounded

Reaction score
Good Morning just reading thru some post and noticed that the polarity listed above for the front and rear speakers are incorrect. The subs are fine...I listed the correct polarity below

Front:
Left= Tan(+) Gray(-)
Right= Lt Green(+) Dk Green(-)

Rear:
Left= Brown(+) Yellow(-)
Right= Dk Blue(+) Lt Blue(-)

Sub:
Left= Dk Blue/White(+) Lt Green/Black(-)
Right= Dk Green(+) Lt Blue/Black(-)

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a diagram of the main amplifier connector pin out that might help you. View is looking into the pins.

8xx_conn.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Claysturkey

Reaction score
Thank you

THANKS A TON. I have an 05 Tahoe and I'm trying to wire my own kicker amp and subs. I used a BOSS Audio LOC and it was surprisingly hard to find the wire color information so thanks for posting it.