felpro intake manifold gasket mistake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leonuchi817

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here but I've been getting advise as a visitor for years now. That being said, i need some advice on a mistake a made. I recently installed new felpro intake manifold gasket set (MS98016T). Everything went pretty smooth until i finished. Turns out these gaskets have a metal tab that's supposed to be installed on top of the cylinder head bolts. I took the bolts out and installed them on top of the gaskets.

I'm wondering if i may have caused any head gasket damage by loosening and retightening the bolts. And if it's ok to leave the gasket the way it is or fix it. The truck seems to be running just fine but i don't won't to take a chances. Been driving my Elky in the meantime.

Thank you.

leonuchi817

Reaction score
Here's a pic, if it helps. Sorry if I'm not making any sense. I'm by no means ASE certified, just a do-it-yourselfer.

Attachments

• CAM00283.jpg
    CAM00283.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 29
  • CAM00281.jpg
    CAM00281.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 27

amtronic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were my Tahoe I would go ahead and fix it, because to my thinking the intake gasket metal is so soft, not hard like the cylinder head material is, and would let the headbolts loosen. I don't think any harm was done in the short time you ran the engine.

Donut Slayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with amtronic1. Ive had to redo stuff cause I left a bolt out or a extra one in. Its never good, but seems to go a lot faster.