Fix Manual Mirror Chevy Tahoe 01 45$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screwgg

Reaction score
Many of you are in the same boat as me. Some douche comes by at night gets a little too close to the Hoe and hits your mirror. Which in turn pops the spring off of the plastic housing and your left with a limp mirror (lol). Not wanting to pay 175 for a brand new one, and not wanting to pay for a generic brand on Ebay i figured out a way to manual fix it. This is an EASY install and is also pretty quick.

Installation:
First you will need to buy 2 clamps from homedepot or your local hardware store. That will cost about 22Bucks a piece. heres a link to the one i used.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100090741

Next Gently pry the glass mirror off of its housing. It is held together with little snaps and should be able to get off with minimal effort work your way around.

Once mirror is off you will notice this huge spring that has come unfastened to the plastic housing. with your hand position it over the round plastic house dont try to force it down with your hand unless you can bend metal with your mind.

Next place the first metal clamp from homedepot on the side nearest the truck. Clamp it down enough that it places a good amount of tension on the spring.

Then take the second clamp and put it on the opposite side applying a little more pressure to the spring so that the spring starts to fit completely over its plastic housing.

Next gently release the first clamp and tighten it without removing it from the spring. (these clamps work like vice grips).

Repeat with second clamp. Until spring stays around plastic housing..

Replace mirror.. Tada...simple fix. minimum expense.
Side note depending on how tight you place the spring it would be a good idea not to close the mirrors right away.

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to look into this. I think this is what happened to my power,heated mirror when I tried to close it to avoid someone from getting too close and hitting it. Thanks for the write up.