flashers wont work after remote start install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ff256

Reaction score
After my friend installed a remote start module in my 96' tahoe I noticed my emergency headlight flashers I previously installed no longer work.

I have the flasher power coming from the aux A out of the fuse box, so it shouldn't be a power issue.
The flashers use the parking lights as a shut off feature but have never shut off before and the flashers don't work w/ them on or off.

Headlight flasher: Whelen UHF2150a

Remote Start: CrimeStopper RS3-G3
:confused:

any suggestions?

SCFIRE

Reaction score
After my friend installed a remote start module in my 96' tahoe I noticed my emergency headlight flashers I previously installed no longer work.

I have the flasher power coming from the aux A out of the fuse box, so it shouldn't be a power issue.
The flashers use the parking lights as a shut off feature but have never shut off before and the flashers don't work w/ them on or off.

Headlight flasher: Whelen UHF2150a

Remote Start: CrimeStopper RS3-G3
:confused:

any suggestions?
:welcome:
Interesting issue. If you find out let me know, I take it you are a brother FF, I was going to be installing some flashers in my 96 tahoe for dept use. If you find out let me know

ff256

Reaction score
:eek:
Well this is embarrassing. Turned out to be a control wire that became disconnected probably while installing the hood kill switch. goes to show you should always leave some slack in your wiring.
yeah I'm a volunteer in southern nj.

SCFIRE

Reaction score
Well welcome to the team I am a Volunteer Capt in California. Can yo post some pictures how you set up your flashers.

ff256

Reaction score
I found a space under the ECM I believe next to the storage box, to put the module and zip tied it in after finessing it in. and wired in a momentary switch over the on/off switch.

Attachments

• Photo Feb 13, 5 58 36 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 13, 5 58 36 PM.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo Feb 13, 5 58 45 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 13, 5 58 45 PM.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo Feb 13, 5 58 58 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 13, 5 58 58 PM.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo Feb 13, 6 00 28 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 13, 6 00 28 PM.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 3

ff256

Reaction score
its not pretty under the hood now that I tore up all the loom looking for the issue.

Bigbill

Reaction score
Heads up on the scotch locks you should seal them with some dilectric grease to prevent corrosion. I'm a Deputy chief in a combination department in CT. Good luck and stay safe. I drive a1999 lifted Tahoe with RCD 6 inch lift and hid always in front and rear with two dash light red and blue.