from RWD to AWD on a 2008 LT? HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stealthTT

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Suburban LT which is RWD.
I really need to convert it to AWD but couldnt find any info on this one.
is there anyone that has experience with this?

I would be glad if you can point me a shop or anyone that knows more about this.

thanks.

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would likely mean replacing the entire front end drive train as well as a new transmission, plus a good amount of electrical work, you are better off just selling and getting a 4wd model

stealthTT

Reaction score
It would likely mean replacing the entire front end drive train as well as a new transmission, plus a good amount of electrical work, you are better off just selling and getting a 4wd model

if selling it was an option, believe me I would have done it, but I live in Romania, and here there aren't many on the streets, like 2-3 cars registered - so, selling it and buying a 4wd one is not a good option.

anyway, i have looked up under the car and checked another one that is 4wd and it looks like it could be done, but it would be great if someone from US that has done it before could dig in and help me a little.

thanks.

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck...you are probably going to have a cheaper and easier time just importing another one with the 4wd capability, barring that you could consider at least adding a limited slip diff in the back (if you don't have one already) which should help a little