fuel pump noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sclayton

Reaction score
I have been hearing a whining noise that gets louder as I accelerate, and is louder in the mornings when I start my yukon up. someone said this is my fuel pump, and said that it needed to be replaced. any suggestions as to what it is, and if the fuel pump needs to be replaced.

riceca

Reaction score
How many miles on the truck? I would say that you probably need to or will have to replace the pump pretty soon. Mine was making a noise when at idle when I first got the truck. It sounded like an exhaust rattle or something like that. Then the pump took a dump the next week. About 100k miles is the life expectancy of these fuel pumps. Mine made it 150k but I dont know if it has ever been changed before I got the truck. This is a fairly common issue with these.

lata
CHRIS

uxb101

Reaction score
if you keep them wet there good they stay cool,when they get hot the burn out............so keep you tank over half full and they last longer......i just did mine $400 for the pump and filter..........if your out and it dosnt start ,get under the truck and hit the tank. some times it will start and maybe get you home.......get your fuel pressure tested should be around 65psi/55psi???