Getting frustrated with 1999 Tahoe 2door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SP2795

Reaction score
Hello all, I need help and other ideas, I have a 99 tahoe 2door that has a few mods, cold air intake(not a hack job, aftermarket kit with all adapters) , Hummer wheels and tires, Cats were removed before i bought it which causes the check engine light to be on and always has the same code because of the fuel mixture. Engine has 130k on it. Truck runs strong but...... heres the problem

Truck runs fine on normal start and stop driving and parking, but if i let it idle for awhile between stops running errands or heavy traffic and then shut it off it wont start back up. let it sit ten to fifteen minutes and sometimes it will start back up. Sometimes you have to wait longer. Once it starts you can drive it a little way then it will start acting up and you can barely accelerate from a stop, push the gas harder and it dogs out. Eventually after a few times dogging out it will just stall out and not start again for about thirty minutes. "Something is cooling off, but what" let it sit a few hours and it appears to be all fixed.

holds 54 psi on the fuel pressure system on initial key turn and once pump shuts off and pump is pushing 64 psi when pump is running, pump appears to be good

based on google searches and other research i've done the following

I've replaced crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor, rotor, cap etc.

What ever is happening is triggered when the truck idles for a lenght of time. Day to day start and stop doesnt seem to cause the problem

only other issue is the fuel guage common problem where it vibrates and jumps all around

anyone heared of this problem before or have ideas how i can solve this issue. I cant let the wife and kids roll in it if it is unreliable.