going up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brymed79

Reaction score
I'd like to lift my '03 tahoe. It is a LS stock except for a few minor mods. I think I'd like to do a body lift and maybe some spacers and keys. Which should I start with? What is a good body lift brand? How much should I expect to pay for install on either?

brymed79

Reaction score
should I get 2" spacers? what brand? how much should install cost on these?

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can find 2" coil spacers, let me know. The biggest ones I've been able to find so far have been 1.5", made by SuspensionMaxx.

brymed79

Reaction score
well I just got my ford key in. I haven't ordered the spacers yet. An off road store I contacted said that they wouldn't install them because it will make the ride so rough. Does it significantly change the ride? Maybe a body kit is a better idea?

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I just got my ford key in. I haven't ordered the spacers yet. An off road store I contacted said that they wouldn't install them because it will make the ride so rough. Does it significantly change the ride? Maybe a body kit is a better idea?

Every 4x4 shop has a different opinion as to what works and what doesn't, but these guys sound a little overzealous. Yes, your ride will suffer just a little bit. Will it make the truck SO unbearable that you won't want to drive it? Of course not. There are hundreds if not thousands of people who have done this mod, and have been very happy with it.

If that shop won't install the keys, take it to some place that will. Or rent the GM tool or a 2-jaw gear puller (7 1/2 ton rating) and do it yourself. It's not that hard, just get an alignment when you're done.

Body lifts generally don't look good on these trucks since the frame will show so much, but since you have running boards that will help alot - they hide the frame pretty well. Do what you want to do, just don't get suckered into spending more money than you want to. Sounds like that 4x4 shop would rather sell you on a full suspension lift or body lift as opposed to getting a couple of cheap inches with spacers and keys. Just my .02, I could be wrong.