Grinding noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooltwin

Reaction score
I had to take my Tahoe in today because of a grinding noise that vibrated the floor on the drivers side. I dont know if it is from the brakes or drive shaft or what. It only happens when it is under 30mph. I wont find out what it it until monday when they work on it. Do any of you have any idea what it might be? It only has 1,800 miles and i cant think what it might be. thanks

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no clue as to what it is but I am curious to find out if the stealership has told you anything. Give us an update so that we can know what to look for if it ever happens to one of us. Hope all is well brother and you get your beast back intact and fully repaired.

cooltwin

Reaction score
Grinding noise update

It turned out that at the factory they forgot to lubricate the sway bar bushings and finish tightening the bolts so they squeeked and vibrated. Also the springs were rotated the wrong direction in the rear and were rubbing the frame. there wasnt any wear on the frame because they caught it in time. It seems odd to me that they would miss something as crucial as that but they got it fixed and thats all that matters. It only took them about 3 hours total to fix it. They had it on the lift and they showed me everything they did and i was very satisfied with the job they did. Its in better than new condition. I drove it quite a bit today to make sure and the problem is fixed and i got a car wash out of it from the dealer too. haha I wasnt upset too much about it because it was under warranty and one is bound to slip through quality control with the amount of units chevy builds. At least it was an easy fix. Now i have my ride back and can enjoy how great of car it is.