Hardin Thicke... question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbrend

Reaction score
I assume you have Sirius.

What are you doing for a receiver in your rig? Do you have the aftermarket tuner that replaces the XM unit?

Thanks

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not him but thought i would chime in.....I bought a bracket from bracketron and mounted my unit then used the aux input for the audio. Sound is excellent

IMG_0162.jpg

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly wher I have mine mounted. except I use a Sportster. I'm hoping for the merger so I'm holding onto the built-in XM for now. I subscribe to both services.

Gritty Schu

Reaction score
That's exactly wher I have mine mounted. except I use a Sportster. I'm hoping for the merger so I'm holding onto the built-in XM for now. I subscribe to both services.

I looked it up somewhere. Mel Karmizan (spell?) said when the merger does go through they are planning to keep the programming separate for at least several years. So my guess is that you won't be able to get Stern for quite sometime through your XM.

I personally hate XM but haven't gotten around to switching it out. For long trips, I take the Sportster out of my work truck and set it in the cup holder, throw the antenna on the dash and plug into the cigarette lighter. A tangled mess of wires everywhere. Drives me nuts.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt they are going to keep the programming separate for years.....what they will probably do is consolidate the programming and eliminate the crossover stations.....then offer different packages which you can choose from.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines

I wouldn't hold my breath on the merger, it seems that it is taking for ever to make a discussion and I wonder if programming will be any better.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath on the merger, it seems that it is taking for ever to make a discussion and I wonder if programming will be any better.

XM CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE IDIOTS. i called them and asked. first of all i got some middle east dude :)cuss: ) i asked him and he said there is gunna be a merger on the "FIRST HOUSE" of the year, i asked him WHAT? he just kept repeating the first house. i finally realised the first house meeting. but still not sure. :lol:

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tbrend

Reaction score
It has been over a year.
Other mergers take about a month or so.

Something is fishy

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines