Have new 07 LTZ looking for Travel Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave1441

Reaction score
Just retired and I'm looking for a travel trailer that my Tahoe can pull across the USA and Canada.

I'm wondering if anyone has been using their Tahoe to pull any of the several choices of travel trailer available and would share their experience with me.

My truck of cause has the trailering package as well as the 4.10 axle ratio.

Thanks,
Dave, Hauppauge Long Island New York…

scarpi

Reaction score
I own an 02 Yukon 4wd with the towing options, 4.10 axle ratio, 5.3 L engine etc. I have used it to tow a HiLo 22 foot travel trailer. I had no problem towing that 6500 pound 22 foot trailer. Plenty of power for passing even uphill. My Yukon has a towing capacity of about 8000 pounds. The HiLO trailer is nice for SUVs because when you are towing it, it is in the down mode and it is lower than the height of your SUV so the wind resistance is lower and it is easier for your vehicle to tow. You get better fuel economy than a regular trailer also. Check out there website or do a search for HiLo trailers. When you get to your campsite with the push of a button the trailer raises to the height of a regular trailer. The trailer is all hard sided and is not a tent camper. I also recommend using a weight distributing hitch on your trailer. It more evenly distributes the weight so you have better control while towing. I was amazed how easily my Yukon towed this trailer. You just have to make sure that the towing capacity of your SUV is greater than the fully loaded weight of your trailer. Like I said my Yukon had a capacity of 8000 pounds and the trailer loaded weighed about 6500 pounds. One important item to remember if you buy a trailer no matter what brand. If it comes with Carlisle tires replace them immediatly before going on a trip. My trailer came with these tires and I had two blowouts on one trip even though the tires were inflated properly and only had about 2500 miles on them. It is a long story but the tire company paid for all the expenses to repair my trailer. One of the blowouts caused the steel tire tread to break through the trailer floor and damage my trailer's electrical system. If you look at the NHTSA website and do a search for Carlisle tires you will find many reports of problems. If you also search the RV forums you also will find people that have had problems with Carlisle tires on their trailers. SO, go the extra mile and buy some good trailer tires you can depend on. Have a good time on your trips!

Last edited: