Heated seat is not working right in 99 tahoe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scstables

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here.

We obtained a 99 LT Tahoe at a local auction a month ago. It was in fair condition, which means the previous owners did NOT take care of it. The paint appeared to have never been waxed in years with some cracking. Also, the interior was so hogged up, it stunk pretty bad so we had to pay a detailer to clean it up. He could not even get out all the stains. The heated seat on the driver's side does not work, except for it did come on one time and that was it. Plus the horn doesn't work. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues?

BTW, the right side view mirror was smashed, and the first day I drove this tahoe, the drivers side mirror fell OFF and I had to put the window down and hold it up while I drove (was afraid it would smash up against the truck breaking that and splattering that green liquid). So, I took heavy clear tape when I got home and taped it back in place :Frustrated:

It is unbelievable how some people take care of vehicles. Any how, I plan on keeping this vehicle for a year then upgrading to a GMC yukon (need a truck like this for family vehicle and to pull a horse trailer). As to the GMC Yukon, I know those have larger engines. Are there any other differences of the GMC Yukon to the Tahoe?

How we got started with tahoes, we bought our first new one in 1998. Then in 2005, we bought an LT ming blue tahoe with sun roof. I loved that tahoe and miss it dearly. Unfortunately when the economy crashed, we lost big time income and were forced to sell the 05. :(

BTW, I am female and the sort of mechanic of the family (husband is not very mechanical). I have also 1988 Dodge Daytona which I have had since it's brand new (I am on another forum just for daytonas and lasers).

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok :welcome: 1. for the horn when you open the drivers door look on the side of the dashboard u will see a small panel like this:
$(KGrHqFHJFQE92!yimYbBPopu-2U!!~~60_35.JPG
open it and behind that plastic panel should be a diagram that show u which fuse is for what when u find the horn fuse pull out from the dashboard and replace it.
2. As for the heated seat you will have to go to an upholstery shop and have them replace the heated pad that is probably shorted out(from aging) 3. As for the mirror u can get one off of e-bay and replace it yourself if u have the tools u can get it for about 30-42$ depending whether your mirror is powered w/o heat or powered w/ heat good luck.

scstables

Reaction score
Ok :welcome: 1. for the horn when you open the drivers door look on the side of the dashboard u will see a small panel like this:
$(KGrHqFHJFQE92!yimYbBPopu-2U!!~~60_35.JPG
open it and behind that plastic panel should be a diagram that show u which fuse is for what when u find the horn fuse pull out from the dashboard and replace it.
2. As for the heated seat you will have to go to an upholstery shop and have them replace the heated pad that is probably shorted out(from aging) 3. As for the mirror u can get one off of e-bay and replace it yourself if u have the tools u can get it for about 30-42$ depending whether your mirror is powered w/o heat or powered w/ heat good luck.

Thank you for this information, it is very, very helpful!:waytogo:

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your very welcome anytime you need anything else just ask P.S. if you don't find the fuse where i told you i might be in the fuse box under the hood but most likely its behind that panel i was talking about.

scstables

Reaction score
There is a fuse box under the hood with these square shaped silver fuses. I think one of those might belong to the horn. I will have to look again (and read the manual).
BTW the side windows are powered and heated.