Heavy duty suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bearbackblika

Reaction score
ive had a 96 and 97 tahoe 4x4 4 door

i couldn't decide whether to drop it for tuning of jacking it up for off roading
so im going to tune it but keep it the same height

anyone have any suggestions for brand and type of suspension upgrades to keep it from sagging, stabilizing it and making it heavy duty?

Ice98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been pretty happy with my Monroe Senstraks in the front, and Monroe air shocks in the back, great for the money, but definitely not the best you can get

Bilstein holds out as a fantastic brand for struts and will make a huge difference, but Bilstiens are $50-60 EACH, where as the Monroe's ALL together cost me $75

One of the biggest things you can do is replace the sway bar bushings front and back, and the front swaybar linkages, undoubtedly that made the biggest difference in handling for me, there are several kits available with good reviews on Amazon

I cant say enough good things about Hellwig and their EZ Level spring kit, so easy to install, the company sent me out extra parts when I needed them to install over the stock factory overload springs, it has really helped my rear suspension especially with a trailer on there, coupled with the air shocks I can run completely level even with 5-6000 pounds of trailer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UFRV38?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

taho3fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the Eibach kit and replace your shocks with Bilsteins. You will notice improvement in handling with Bilstein.