Hello everyone, Im new here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, thought I'd introduce myself. Im new to the site. I found it while looking for parts for my Denali when I came across boostaholic's beautiful truck. Anyways, you guys have some amazing trucks on here, cant wait to chat with you all. I also cant wait to drive my truck again. I've been stationed here in Iraq since December 07, and I will be leaving shortly to go back to the states in Feb. 2009. Anyways, here are a few pics of my truck. I know that the red grill is a little...off (ugly to some) but I had plans before I deployed, the photoshop pic I made will kind of give you an idea, Other then that, heres my truck! These pics were taken at Lake Havasu, AZ on my way home to Cali before I deployed.

tag.jpg

SANY0725.jpg

SANY0713.jpg

SANY0709.jpg

LHC.jpg

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, this is a great place to hang.

Good luck, be careful, and a sincere thank you.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...enjoy!
I'm probably the only one on here without a truck...soon I hope...soon!

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, thank you everyone for the support! My tour is almost over...Feb 2009!!! =D That will be my full 15 month tour over here. Its been fun but its time to get home now haha..enough Blackhawk rides and whatnot

And thanks for the welcomes! =)

Matt, I'm from Sac. Born in Fremont however and kinda grew up in the bay because my grandparents lived there while I was growing up..My family went there a lot to hang out lol..good times haha

Polecat, where at in OK. are you? where is stillwater? I've heard of it..because home base for me is Ft. Sill (which sucks...lol) Im sure Stillwater is a lot better

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#1: thank you for your service.

#2: yeah, the red grill is a tad odd. :)

diffrnt

Reaction score
Welcome aboard and nice truck. I'm not feeling the red grill, but hey it's your truck. What matters is if you like it.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you mary900 and diffrnt =)

yea, the red grill was a project....I'd never really seen a Denali with a colored grill so it kinda made my truck stand out, even if it wasnt in everyones taste..and I picked red because usually it looks like more of a performance color....but thats kool...I like to hear people say they dont like it...it just means they are honest...like someone said, if everyone said they liked your truck, this would just be another CarDomain. Anyways, later on down the road, I'm going to have the entire truck repainted...so its only temp.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't mind the red grill, especially when paired with the red rims. I've always been fond of the black and gold look, remember the old Yamaha Midnight Specials and Midnight Maxim's (actually I have a 750 MM).

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks treepete =)

I've always been fond of the black and gold look, remember the old Yamaha Midnight Specials and Midnight Maxim's (actually I have a 750 MM).

I wasnt even born back then =( lol
I mean, i'd think it would look kool if the truck was set up like my sig picture...but its not..it still has chrome rims and stock headlights for now =/

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks treepete =)

I wasnt even born back then =( lol
I mean, i'd think it would look kool if the truck was set up like my sig picture...but its not..it still has chrome rims and stock headlights for now =/

Yeah, I'm an old man, but it sounds like you know what I'm talking about.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Polecat, where at in OK. are you? where is stillwater? I've heard of it..because home base for me is Ft. Sill (which sucks...lol) Im sure Stillwater is a lot better
Stillwater is about 60 miles west of Tulsa, 60+ miles north of OKC.... :)

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm an old man, but it sounds like you know what I'm talking about.

I had to google it haha but yea, not bad at all...looks like a nice classic

I was thinking the entire truck Matte Black with red pin striping? with flat black rims..maybe with pin stripe also?

Stillwater is about 60 miles west of Tulsa, 60+ miles north of OKC.... :)
Oh yea...a lot nicer area then where Im stationed...no wonder the smiley face at the end lol

Last edited:

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to google it haha but yea, not bad at all...looks like a nice classic

I was thinking the entire truck Matte Black with red pin striping? with flat black rims..maybe with pin stripe also?

Oh yea...a lot nicer area then where Im stationed...no wonder the smiley face at the end lol

I know some people like the flat or matte look but personally I like a good shine. I think black with a red grill and rims with a little subtle red pin stripe would be wicked as long as it was the right tint of red, not too bright, maybe kind of an anodized red look.