Help! Electrical problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeinTx

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe LT with 103,000 miles on it. The past month, my car has refused to start 3 different times when I turn the key. I put the key in the ignition and lights, radio, everything works like it should; but when I turn the key to start the car---nothing. Not even a clicking sound. It acts as if I'm not turning the key at all. I have to take the key out of the ignition and try again before it will start right up.

Also, the sound has quit working a few times within the past month. I'll start my car with no issues, but then there will be no sound coming from my speakers...not even blinker sounds work. I'll change the preset on the radio, and even though the new preset will light up as if it changed, the station remains the same. If I power the radio off while it's doing this, it won't power back on. I have to turn my car off, take the key out, and open the door and restart it before everything acts like it should.

I put a new battery in it about 6-9 months ago. Both of these issues started occurring around the same time within the past month, but have never happened simultaneously.

Does anybody have any idea what could cause both of these things to be happening? Or has experienced this before?

bladenbullet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only way to be sure would be to test the failing systems when the problem occurs...keep an eye on the voltmeter when you experience the problem also...key on check your voltage...possible bad connection somewhere....bad ignition switch...etc...hundreds of possibilities...

I would start at the battery as you stated it happened just after replacement....make sure your cables are sound and the battery you installed tests good...work forward from there...low voltage at a module will create a no-start with no click as the computer is what activates your starter...not your key....that's why we don't see slow crank problems anymore...if there isn't enough voltage for the module to wake up the starter wont be energized at all....

nothing like an intermittent to make your life exciting....good luck...