HID Kits: Good Company?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hazer396

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats a good HID Company, or what company do you recommend/prefer?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of the three on here. I have dealt with Higher Level auto and bought tons of kits from the old owner, all work great.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehe no offense but did someone just say Xenon?
That would be the HID bulb system and not a company.
I also recommend Xentec, Apexcone, Onex, Xetronic and all the other vendors on here that sell HID kits.

hazer396

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea my cousin has Xentecs on his altima coupe.. got em under 100 shipped
but you cant have the automatic light system on right?

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the HIDGate kit off of ebay. $58 shipped and they work great! I've had Apexcone, McCollouch, LED Guage kit, Vision, and these have been the best so far!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not advised to leave the automatice headlight -on feature for any HID kit brand but its all about preference and what one likes or not. Some leave them on, some disable them. When my HID's come in on Firday I am gonna disable the Auto-Light feature for low light conditions when the car is opened like at night or dusk so I don't ruin them, after all the sidemarkers, tails, reverses and interior lights still turn on when its disabled.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
IMHO, take a LOOK at our supporting vendors first they pay to have their name on here, thus helping the site.

Like others here have typed HIDGate off ebay is another source and has thus far proved reliable to a lot of people that have purchased from him.

hazer396

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what temprature do most cars like acuras, caddys, and lexus use? 5000K or 6000K? cuz those are the perfect color

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what temprature do most cars like acuras, caddys, and lexus use? 5000K or 6000K? cuz those are the perfect color

Stock hids (like BMW, Cadillac, and Lexus) use 4300k, I have this on my truck, They are awsome, their white, with the slightest tinge of blue in them.

khool750

Reaction score

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered them a few days ago

i am still waiting for them ya i felt the same way you do i asked around on here and a couple folks led me to them but i will keep you posted

khool750

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered too burbanman. I also checked the site out thoroughly, and noticed that they actually have a lifetime warranty on all their products, and the cool thing is, I saw on three different pages that you never have to buy bulbs again. That seems pretty cool, as I've never had a car with HID's, so I really don't know the life expectancy of them. I think the kit should be real nice, and if it is, I will ordering a set for my bike and the ole' ladies truck, lol.

s2jay

Reaction score
how does this work with the low/high beam?

does someone sell a kit for low/high AND fogs?

khool750

Reaction score
how does this work with the low/high beam?

does someone sell a kit for low/high AND fogs?

Hey, if you click on this link it will take you to the site that suburbanman and me have been talking about. They have dual kits also with the hi/lo combos. they offer a lifetime guarantee also on all their products. Hope that helps. Oh, and I had a theory on fogs. If everyone wants to use HID's in their fogs, why not purchase a 2.5" off road fog light assembly that has a metal casing, and just add the HID to the system. I had ran across a set and don't have the link handy, but I was looking to just replace the entire foglight assembly with one that would accomodate an HID light. I know piaa makes a small foglight housing, but i'd have to check to see just how small. Just a thought though.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, if you click on this link it will take you to the site that suburbanman and me have been talking about. They have dual kits also with the hi/lo combos. they offer a lifetime guarantee also on all their products. Hope that helps. Oh, and I had a theory on fogs. If everyone wants to use HID's in their fogs, why not purchase a 2.5" off road fog light assembly that has a metal casing, and just add the HID to the system. I had ran across a set and don't have the link handy, but I was looking to just replace the entire foglight assembly with one that would accomodate an HID light. I know piaa makes a small foglight housing, but i'd have to check to see just how small. Just a thought though.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

The high low combo only works on 07+ yukons because they use the same bulb for low and high beam. You need 9006 for low 9005 for high and 880 for fogs. All three seperate kits with 6 ballests. Had that set up in my 06 yukon and loved it.

also to be clear, the High low HIDS only work on any vehicle that uses the same bulb for low and high, if you have 4 seperate bulbs for your low and high beams, you need 2 seperate kits.