HID Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just about the only thing the Yukon is missing is HID lights, I would pay an extra $500 for that option but they are stupid and don't give the option. You have to get a Cady to get the HIDs. That brings me to my question...

Can you use the HID parts from a Escalade and put them in a Yukon?

If not what other options are there? I have seen kits like this one http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1346 that apparently fits the H13 style as apparently the Yukon has. I assume this would work for a 2007 Tahoe as well.

Someone has had to have put in HID lights in thier 2007 Yukon or Tahoe by now! Anyone?
:cool2: * :cool2: * :cool2: * :cool2: * :cool2: * :cool2: * :cool2: * :cool2: * :cool2: * :cool2:

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! Now all I have to do is buy one!

Repalcing the fogs with the 3000K lights would be sweet too. I can't seem to find the type of light fixture those use. Also do all the Yukons and Tahoes come with fogs or just some configurations?

slicktoptt

Reaction score
I actually got my HID kit from Xenondepot and wrote the installation instructions for the 2007 Tahoe for them to include with their kits.

I would go with the H11 5000k Xtreme HID Conversion Kit vs. the 6000k they list.

The higher the number the less the actual light output and the more colored the light. Unless you want the ghetto looking blue lights with no improvement in visibility.

slicktoptt

Reaction score
Sorry, just noticed you are inquiring about the Yukon, not sure if it uses an H11 or H13 bulb.

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the Tahoe and Yukon would have the same bulbs. I would bet money on it.

I would actually prefer an even lower color like 5000 Kelvin or even 4300 Kelvin. I personally think that they should not be allowed to sell anything above 7000 or 8000 as they are useless for light output and distracting. The reason people HATE the HID lights is because they are a distracting color or they are aimed improperly and burn everyones eyes. I assume that the lights once the HIDs are in will aim fairly easily?

Could you post the instructions on the board?

Also could you brag a little and show off any pictures, or some before and afters? THANKS!

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the Tahoe and Yukon would have the same bulbs. I would bet money on it.

I would actually prefer an even lower color like 5000 Kelvin or even 4300 Kelvin. I personally think that they should not be allowed to sell anything above 7000 or 8000 as they are useless for light output and distracting. The reason people HATE the HID lights is because they are a distracting color or they are aimed improperly and burn everyones eyes. I assume that the lights once the HIDs are in will aim fairly easily?

Could you post the instructions on the board?

Also could you brag a little and show off any pictures, or some before and afters? THANKS!

Have your replace them yet?

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not own a Yukon "yet". I am in the market for one but I enjoy "dreaming" about having one in my driveway.

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kit do you sell? I would rather pay a little more for one made in Japan vs say China or Tiawan

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also how about the fogs, that would kick a$$ if you could put the 3000K lights that are basically bright yellow in place of the stock fogs.

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sell riken sport hid kits.. awesome kits i been dealing direct with them for 3 years and sell about 4 kits a week in my shop alone. in the last year i had ony 3 kits come back to me for warranty and of course they where taken care of the same day.
you guys can call me anytime at the shop
951-343-0806 ask for jeff
or 714-337-0741 (cell)

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also how about the fogs, that would kick a$$ if you could put the 3000K lights that are basically bright yellow in place of the stock fogs.

i only wish we could do the fogs on the tahoe's gm made some new bulb just for them and nobody makes it other than them ...FOR NOW !!!!!! there is talk in the industry that possibly a company in japan is making them as we speak!

tgt624824

Reaction score

How much are you willing to bet? :)

The Yukon is a H13 bulb for reference (in case anyone else reads this thread), and it runs both the high and low beam (no separate bulb for hi's, which is how I believe the tahoe is setup...correct me if I'm mistaken). I just finished the install of a Mcculloch 5000k Bi-Xenon (ie - you get HI and LOW functionality out of it, but it does cost more) kit and am VERY happy with it. I will try and post some pictures over the weekend for those interested. The 'cutoff' of the light is rather good as well (I have a A4 with stock Bi-Xenon and a projector, so it's not as sharp as that, but good for a non-projector lens).

I believe I paid $380 for the bi-xenon kit, shipped (which was a good 'on sale' deal, as they were typically around $450 or so?). The obvious downside of just a low beam kit on the Yukon, is that you'll lose your high beams. Also, be VERY careful with some of the kits off of Ebay. When I was looking, there are kits that say 'bi-xenon' on them, but if you read the fine print it's a low beam xenon kit, and then they use a halogen high beam (which is attached to the xenon bulb).

I'll try to field any questions I can for those contemplating going this route..... ;)

Hope this helps,
Travis

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are you willing to bet? :)

The Yukon is a H13 bulb for reference (in case anyone else reads this thread), and it runs both the high and low beam (no separate bulb for hi's, which is how I believe the tahoe is setup...correct me if I'm mistaken). I just finished the install of a Mcculloch 5000k Bi-Xenon (ie - you get HI and LOW functionality out of it, but it does cost more) kit and am VERY happy with it. I will try and post some pictures over the weekend for those interested. The 'cutoff' of the light is rather good as well (I have a A4 with stock Bi-Xenon and a projector, so it's not as sharp as that, but good for a non-projector lens).

I believe I paid $380 for the bi-xenon kit, shipped (which was a good 'on sale' deal, as they were typically around $450 or so?). The obvious downside of just a low beam kit on the Yukon, is that you'll lose your high beams. Also, be VERY careful with some of the kits off of Ebay. When I was looking, there are kits that say 'bi-xenon' on them, but if you read the fine print it's a low beam xenon kit, and then they use a halogen high beam (which is attached to the xenon bulb).

I'll try to field any questions I can for those contemplating going this route..... ;)

Hope this helps,
Travis
correct the yukon is a h13

Razorback

Reaction score
What happens to the DRL's on this particular H13 bi-xenon kit? Do you lose the DRL's or do they still work? Any flicker?

gl

tgt624824

Reaction score
What happens to the DRL's on this particular H13 bi-xenon kit? Do you lose the DRL's or do they still work? Any flicker?

gl

No flicker, they look great with just DRL. The Mcculloch kit also has a separate 12v connection directly to the battery, so that may have something to do with the non-flicker issues.

-Travis

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all the new kits that i have solve the problem of flickering lights.. do to the computer not reconizing the low watage bulbs.

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the idea of the dual XEON beams instead of the high being a standard bulb. Now the question is can you get the H13 because I looked and did not find any made by Mcculloch. Now I did not really "bet" anything, I generall lose when I bet on anything. Kinda strange that the Yukon and Tahoe are almost identical under the skin that they have completely diffrent headlights.

I love the idea of the HIDs and if I do pull the trigger on a new Yukon then that will be a high priority to change out. Does anyone think that it would void the warrenty to have those in there. I know by law it should not unless it can be proved that it broke something but I would (here we go again) bet that some dealers would be happy to tell you that as soon as you open the hood your warrenty is null and void. Is there cutting of factory wires to put in the HIDs or does it just plug into the clip that the existing bulb plugs into?